• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[REPOST] Gobbledygook Set 1st Print + Issue #1 Original Cover Art - Turtles

7 posts in this topic

[i had posted this in the MODERN forum and someone told me to repost it here. NOOB]

In 1985 I was corresponding with Kevin Eastman and peter Laird and I purchased the original cover artwork from their first published work, Gobbledygook #1. I have the art, a one color/halftone overlay that Eastman made just for me, I have correspondence, and a copy of both issues of the Gobbledygook series of which only 50 copies were printed.

Can anyone take a look at my pictures and give me any idea whether or not this lot is worth anything?

http://picasaweb.google.com/pwagner3/GOBBLEDYGOOK?authkey=Gv1sRgCMngkqnv4OTkbg#

Thanks!

I'm sure you're getting quite a few PM's about the items. While you're sorting those out, any chance you could tell us a little of the back story behind this? As a Turtle collector, this seems like a rare opportunity to learn of of the early history behind the TMNT. :)

I'm sure you're getting quite a few PM's about the items. While you're sorting those out, any chance you could tell us a little of the back story behind this? As a Turtle collector, this seems like a rare opportunity to learn of of the early history behind the TMNT. :)

PM's about what? :insane:

..........and saving.

HOLY TURTLE mess I have been slacking on my CGC surfing!!!

I just read what I have missed in Modern! Darn you Paw3 :makepoint: for posting this there, cause I missed all of this.

Like many said, if it is in Steve's hands it is in a good place and I know all will get sorted out by February. I do TOTALLY hear where Archon Turtle was/is coming from due to his friendship and name in the TMNT community. The same goes for TMNT, Danny my main man, who also has an obligation along the same lines.

I am obviously a TMNT fan and I must admit I'm anxious to see what it brings.

Paul in all seriousness, I wish you well with the future sale!! I do feel you made the right move selling something like this at Heritage - this will bring forth some cheddar.