• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CBGC heeby jeebies.

164 posts in this topic

While you can easily break into other encapsulation devices and re-glue them, you have to cut open our slab - and this not only prevents fraud, but makes it an impossible action. This ensures that the comic you are selling or buying is indeed the stated grade.

Not only is it not recommended to ever remove a comic from our slab, but attempting to do so will result in the comic being destroyed, to prevent fraud

Looks like the "slab" is nothing more than one of those plastic packages that you have to cut to get into. One of those they package everything in now, and you risk cutting off digits by trying to get into it.

And I'll go out on a limb and say that "David G." either a) doesn't exist, b) works for them, or c) is a dumbspoon.

CBGC needs to run a spell check on their labels. The encapsulation reads "comany".

On the Shipping of your comics section:

Please each comic in a comic bag (Mylar™ bags are best) with a comic backing board.

Looks like the "slab" is nothing more than one of those plastic packages that you have to cut to get into. One of those they package everything in now, and you risk cutting off digits by trying to get into it.

And I'll go out on a limb and say that "David G." either a) doesn't exist, b) works for them, or c) is a dumbspoon.

Yea that's what it looks like to me also. You usually have to get a knife or some scissors out to get into those type of packages.

Now, now, dont be so harsh on David G, you know you wish your pic and statement was on there. :makepoint:

Once they have been graded, they are placed in a Mylar™ comic book bag and then encapsulated in our acid-free encapsulation clamshell.

Our comic book protector (slab) is made of high-quality PVC, and it is thinner and lighter in weight than other slabs. But what really protects your comic is that each comic is placed inside a Mylar™ bag, and then secured inside the slab for the ultimate in protection.

So they put your book in a Mylar bag and seal it in PVC, but it's protected because it's in the Mylar bag? :screwy:

What about off-gassing of the PVC?

On the Shipping of your comics section:

Please each comic in a comic bag (Mylar™ bags are best) with a comic backing board.

I'm guessing their green initiative is to reuse your Mylar bag as the inner shield of the encapsulation slab--such as it is. And, you know, that PVC can be recycled if you choose to cut...ERRR...crack open the slab.

And I'll go out on a limb and say that "David G." either a) doesn't exist, b) works for them, or c) is a dumbsmurf.

Yea that's what it looks like to me also. You usually have to get a knife or some scissors out to get into those type of packages.

Now, now, dont be so harsh on David G, you know you wish your pic and statement was on there. :makepoint:

:whistle: