• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CBGC heeby jeebies.

164 posts in this topic

COMANY, :cloud9:

^^

Going to sub my Chew #1's, you think this comany has 11.0's?

Depends on how much you're willing to spend.

And, if you are willing to contribute a testimonial for the site.

That's one of the PGX graders. He's in breach of contract. :eek:

That site needs to do some editing. I just looked at his pricing checklist and it has an X for volume discount for CGC but that isnt true since you can do that 30 book submit and get a discount/lower price for bulk.

I am all for competition but they need to work on their facts if they are going to be seen as being serios.

I briefly looked at it...if I am reading it right:

they won't grade books over $300, and they won't grade restored books (shrug)

their "slab" is just .55 mil plastic (shrug)

no where could I find "who"...to me, that is the MOST important aspect of a grading company ...

interesting though

On their website it says * Maximum insured value for any comic submitted is $300

You can submit comics over that value just pray it doesnt get damaged or stolen during shipment.

why would you submit anything to these guys? They obviously don't know squat about archival safe products and from the looks of it they have no clue.

Heck, I might start a company where I charge people to grade their books and I'll just seal them in commercially available Mylar sleeves and put a grade sticker on it... doh!

I say they last a month...tops meh

I have to say that the presentation of books in those PVC slabs is horrible. A comic in some ratty, wrinkles mylar floating around a PVC package doesn't do anything for presentation. CGC slabs are meant to be protective and to have positive presentation qualities for selling and display. Those PVC things may not detract from a sale if someone really wants the book...but they don't help.

Heck, I might start a company where I charge people to grade their books and I'll just seal them in commercially available Mylar sleeves and put a grade sticker on it... doh!

Someone beat you to this. It's called a Time Capsule.

:ohnoez: