• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CBGC heeby jeebies.

164 posts in this topic

Despite the negativity, I think most everyone has agreed that what CGC needs is viable competition in the grading market in order to keep costs down and to provide a reasonable option when it comes to getting books graded.

While it remains to be seen if this new company has what it takes to be a viable option, a lot of what is being said here is the same that you hear about CGC from folks who don't accept graded comics at all. Give them time and they'll either fall on their face, pull a PGX, or maybe become something worthwhile.

And as far as start-up mistakes, they are bound to happen. Typos on a product are particularly embarrassing but not the end of the world.

Good point. (thumbs u

Seriously?

A mylar inside a clamshell graded by some unknown Atlantan? Serious competition will have to come from folks with serious hobby credentials. A big part of CGC's success was choosing people with good hobby connections and credentials.

Settle down buddy. I meant that cheetah's post had a good point. Have you seen any of my posts in here that were in support of CBCGEDSS? I think it would be a good thing if someone started a well thought out/planned/funded comic grading comany. Obviously it would have been better if they had proofread their site. I'm sure they'll learn. And I'm sure sooner or later there will eventually be a comany that will give CGC a run for their money. There's always room for competition.

I know of a guy who's stationed at the same base as me that had started his own comic grading company years ago. I know it didnt work out, and I cant remember the name of it.

Not even true...toys are graded and encapsulated in acrylics not plastics.

You are right, I am super nerd :sorry:

Jim

Isn't acrylic just a type of plastic?

Yeah I suppose it is :sorry:

I was just trying to get across that the materials used to grade a toy is not that soft clamshell material but a much thicker, denser form. Even stronger than a slab.

Jim

Settle down buddy. I meant that cheetah's post had a good point. Have you seen any of my posts in here that were in support of CBCGEDSS? I think it would be a good thing if someone started a well thought out/planned/funded comic grading comany. Obviously it would have been better if they had proofread their site. I'm sure they'll learn. And I'm sure sooner or later there will eventually be a comany that will give CGC a run for their money. There's always room for competition.

I know of a guy who's stationed at the same base as me that had started his own comic grading company years ago. I know it didnt work out, and I cant remember the name of it.

You settle down. And I'm not your buddy.

lol someone's delicate eh?

lol someone's delicate eh?

No someone is rude.

:o

Ich ben ein doosher! (thumbs u

(shrug)

(thumbs u

Takes one to know one... (thumbs u Do you and Boozad have a man crush thing going on?? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

:golfclap:

Nope, I just like to make sure that all the newbs in general know that they are dealing with a Hall of Shame dirtbag when they see your posts.

PS: In the interests of full disclosure, I do have a pretty big mancrush on Gav, even though he has hit his limit.

PPS: TFL is still a dirtbag

I sense that this is a new dawn in grading and encapsulation. Surely all other grading comanies must be quaking in their boots. Especially regarding the bit about not being able to remove your comic from the "slab" without destroying it. :idea:

Andy, I think that conclusion may have come from an earlier post. The website simply states: You can't open our slab without damaging it beyond repair.

I care not one whit for this "CBGC" (cute name) outfit, but fair is fair.

:acclaim:

And my bid is cancelled...thought someone might be watching :fear:

why was it canceled?

Unclear bid history states "seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids" However, the item is relisted again...I think a later post mentioned keyword spamming so maybe eBay itself has something to do with it :shrug: IWill throw the opening bid back out there and see if it sticks this time (thumbs u

Ich ben ein doosher! (thumbs u

(shrug)

(thumbs u

Takes one to know one... (thumbs u Do you and Boozad have a man crush thing going on?? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Sean was the one that made me hit my limit.

And it's just nice to highlight (for the ones who don't know) that you cost a stellar boardie over $1,000, refused to pay it and showed no remorse. Then rub his nose in it by posting here like you're part of the community when actually you're a leper.