• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing & CGC Submission Service!

86 posts in this topic

American Comics and Collectibles LLC. is now offering a comic book pressing and CGC submission service!

I have been pressing comic books since early 2008. I have never offered the service on a public basis, as the work was primarily going toward in-house material. I have, however, done private work for a variety of different dealers and collectors over the past two and a half years—many of them boardies. In all, I have prescreened thousands of pressing candidates, and have actually pressed in the area of 1,000+ comic books.

I have pressed comics from across the ages; Golden Age to Modern Age and magazines. I have primarily worked on Bronze Age and Silver Age, but am able to work comfortably with any age. My method of pressing has been extremely successful, so why not offer such success on a commercial level?

• I use hydration as a part of my pressing process.

• I have a proven technique for corner improvement and spot treatment.

The quality of my service is driven by results. See the RESULTS of my pressing service right here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4307690#Post4307690

PressingAd.jpg

PressingForm.jpg

CGC discount: All books are eligible for a 10% CGC grading fee discount.

Shipping: Books will be driven to the CGC office at a pre-determined time once every month. For this method of shipment, there will be no charge. In the event that a drive is not possible, they will be shipped to CGC via USPS Priority Mail at NO COST to the client. USPS shipment back to the client will be dependent upon weight and location.

If desired by the client, the free shipping to CGC can be forgone, and USPS shipping can be expedited at any time for a given submission at their own expense.

Well, the turnaround time is 10 business days (2 calendar weeks), so AT MOST there is a 2 week waiting period. For me to offer the shipment free of charge, it is necessary for me to have some type of schedule. Otherwise, there would be huge cost inefficiencies, and I would not be able to offer the shipping free of charge. I can ship an order whenever you'd like it to be shipped, but if it is not part of my scheduled transport, than it will be at the clients expense.

How many books do you figure would be in the order? Up to a certain weight, they can be sent out First-Class Mail which is pretty cheap. If it gets over a certain weight, Priority Mail must be used which is more expensive.

This month's shipment to CGC will be on Friday, October 29th. For books to be guaranteed in that shipment, I will need to receive them 10 business days prior. So, as long as they are in by Friday, October 15th, they will be in the next shipment free of charge.

And of course, if you want them sent in sooner, USPS shipment is available.

First-Class mail can be used for one book, so that would only be $8. For 10 books, I just don't know; I don't know how much that would weigh. For something like that I would just have you pay the exact shipping cost from the receipt + cost of the box/shipping supplies.

Sounds good. A few procedural questions:

- How do I submit.

- Will I be alerted when the books are submitted to CGC.

- Will you give us the CGC Invoice number.

- Will the books be shipped from CGC directly to me.

- If so, what will be the arrangement on return shipping.

- Are the books insured while in your possession.

Thanks, I hope this works out for you.

- How do I submit.

All you need to do is ship them to me. By PM, I would send you my shipping address.

- Will I be alerted when the books are submitted to CGC.

Unless otherwise noted, your books would be sent in with the next shipment (which will be at the end of each month). I can send you a reminder if you'd like though.

- Will you give us the CGC Invoice number.

Sure.

- Will the books be shipped from CGC directly to me.

If you want them to be. That would be the fastest way of getting the books back, since it would be done right after the books are encapsulated and processed by CGC.

- If so, what will be the arrangement on return shipping.

CGC has their own shipping prices. Everything they send must be insured as far as I know.

- Are the books insured while in your possession.

No, they are not. I can tell you that to my recollection, I have damaged only three books during pressing (a high grade FF #121, a mid/high grade ASM #47 and a low grade Journey Into Mystery #83).

KoR has pressed dozens of books for me.

As have a few other guys in the hobby.

KoR's results have been without flaw.

In fact, I will be doing business with him tomorrow.

Thanks for the info, how many can you put in First Class before the price skyrockets?

Isn't First Class allowed for up to 4 lbs, and then anything after that is forced into the categories of Priority International or Express?

Thanks for the info, how many can you put in First Class before the price skyrockets?

Isn't First Class allowed for up to 4 lbs, and then anything after that is forced into the categories of Priority International or Express?

I have Canadian customers so here is what happends when I ship there.

1st class mail has a 13 oz limit and is around $5-7. Medium flat rate box has a limit of 20 pounds and is $26.95. In a 1st class evenlope 2 comics plus 4 pieces of cardboard so it doesn't get bent is 11 oz. Each comic weighs about 3 oz with bag and board. Packaging any way you try is going to run 5 to 7 oz. You can stuff 4 books in a flat rate envelope with 4 pieces of cardboard just barely and is $11.

Great service BTW. ;)

EDIT: BTW, those prices are without any insurance.

Thanks for all of that helpful shipping info! When dealing with slabbed books, first class mail doesn't go very far as the weight limit will quickly be surpassed. Priority Mail international ends up becoming the standard service for slab shipping.

Beautiful work on my books once again, KoR.

I hope you will continue to have time for me now that the word is out.

Congrats on all the new business from the First Annual Central Florida Swap Meet!