• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

At this moment I think CGC has lost my books!

103 posts in this topic

Hey guys

At the Fan Expo where CGC was present, I submitted 7 books for Signature Series, all witnessed by the kind CAWS that were at the show who walked with me to pick up all the books and then walked me back to the CGC booth where the paper work was filled out, the books were submitted and my payment info was given.

Fan Expo was August 27, 28, 29th. I called yesterday to get an update on my invoices and what's this? CGC has no record of having received my invoices! So then I checked the account they were submitted under, and CGC has nothing there!

The guy on the phone said I should talk to Joe Pierson, but he's in New York this weekend for the Comicon. But isn't comicon next week? In any case I'm going to call again on Monday to see what happened, but I had to share my concern!

If I submitted the books directly at the CGC booth and had the witnesses walking with me for every single book, how were the books not even received or not even in their system? I spent alot of money on the sketch covers I had done, and no one ever wants to have their submissions lost. This is the first time I've not been able to get an update on my books.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry but I don't understand and have questions. I've never submitted SS series but I have submitted onsite. It sounds like you submitted through some 3rd party ? Did you receive a customer copy of the invoice ? Not sure how you paid but was payment cashed ?

I dont know how i could have submitted the books through a third party if the witnesses were walking with me to the books, walking me back to the CGC booth and filling out the forms right in front of me.

and also, I'm not panicking - I'll wait until Monday. But I do want to know if anyone has experienced this before as well?

Yeah, sort of. They are more than likely sitting in a box or on someone's desk over looked and waiting to be entered in to the system.

Sorry to hear about this, but like Pirate said, wait until Tuesday before you call. They get back to the office on Tuesday and leave again (back to NY) on Thursday. Short week in the office for them.

I hope your books turn up. :wishluck:

I dont know how i could have submitted the books through a third party if the witnesses were walking with me to the books, walking me back to the CGC booth and filling out the forms right in front of me.

I'm still confused and don't know why you didn't answer my questions.

Regarding the 3rd party question was the invoice in your name ?

Did they give you a customer copy of the invoice ?

Did they cash your payment ? Unless it's a prescreen, CGC always cashes payment immediately. If not, I would have been suspicous a long time ago.

That sounds like a bummer Raph but I wouldn't go into full panic mode. Chances are they just haven't been entered as of yet and are floating around the office somewhere. You have your copy of your invoice as proof and CGC is a reputable company that deals with hundreds if not thousands of submissions. More then likely they've just been misplaced in the shuffle of things

I admit it's a situation that none of us would want to be in but I have faith that CGC will find the books. You did everything right on your end; had the books witnessed by CAWS, submitted the books directly to CGC on-site and filled out all necessary paperwork.

They'll turn up buddy (thumbs u

I'm still confused and don't know why you didn't answer my questions.

Regarding the 3rd party question was the invoice in your name ?

Did they give you a customer copy of the invoice ?

Did they cash your payment ? Unless it's a prescreen, CGC always cashes payment immediately. If not, I would have been suspicous a long time ago.

Bob,

The books were handled directly by CGC and their employees. There was no 3rd parties involved; Raph had an employee from CGC walk him to the artists, pick up the books and walk them back to the CGC booth where he submitted them.

He received a customer copy of the invoice and when he contacted CGC they did not have a record of his customer copy in their system; they have not been entered yet

The invoice is in his name and he provided them with cash info; credit card

CGC no longer offers pre-screens on SS submissions

Yes. Chill out. Talk to Joe Pierson on Monday. Then post your concerns after that.

End of thread.

:eyeroll:

Yes. Chill out. Talk to Joe Pierson on Monday. Then post your concerns after that.

End of thread.

He won't be in the office until Tuesday.

End of thread.

End of thread.

He won't be in the office until Tuesday.

End of thread.

Damn. Thread read fail.