• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarcest regular Valiant book on eBay CGC 9.6

20 posts in this topic

Did you read the description? There are most likely only 5K or so of this book that arent miscut. There's an article about it on Greg's site. Very tough book to find.

Yea, for pre-unity I agree, but the print run was 25K while Bloodshot's was 9K. (Not to mention the 1 shot) I just missed the fine print where you mentioned "pre-unity".

Also, do you have a link to that article?

I have a couple of those, are they worth slabbing? ooo.gif The only Rai book so far that I had slabbed was #1 which came back at a 9.8. smirk.gif

Cant seem to find the write up on the book, but here's a link to a pic of the 3 types of cuts. It's VERY tough to find one that is cut correctly.

Link

Looks pretty sweet. It's a little off but not as miscut as most. CGC doesnt downgrade for the miscut anyway. I'd send that in. Looks like its in 9.6-9.8 territory from the scan. Valiants often get 9.8's despite tiny bindary tears on the corners for some reason so I wouldnt hold it back cause of the little piece on the bottom left (if that's what it really is).

It's still a nice find. The dinged 3 with good centering is still worth at least $20 I'd guess. I mean a regular miscut Rai 3 9.6 is only worth around $30 and mine just went for $104.

I just checked out my copies to find 1 of them a perfectly centered, non-miscut copy. Grading it out, I'd say a 9.6, with a shot at 9.8. But with the turn-around time being 3-4 months, would it still be worth to have it graded right now?

The strange thing about the turn around time is that when I dropped off some Books to the CGC table at MegaCon, the guy told me I should get them back in about 5 weeks????

893applaud-thumb.gif

It was a modern submission and I assumed that it would be 3-4 months, so I am not sure how long it will take now????893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The strange thing about the turn around time is that when I dropped off some Books to the CGC table at MegaCon, the guy told me I should get them back in about 5 weeks????

893applaud-thumb.gif

It was a modern submission and I assumed that it would be 3-4 months, so I am not sure how long it will take now????893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What else do you think he's supposed to say?

According to the CGC website, Moderns are on a 20-business-day (4 week) turnaround, but we all know how accurate that is.

893applaud-thumb.gif

What else do you think he's supposed to say?

According to the CGC website, Moderns are on a 20-business-day (4 week) turnaround, but we all know how accurate that is.

Received my Economy submission today from 11/19 893whatthe.gif 2 weeks shy of 4 months foreheadslap.gif

Moderns confused-smiley-013.gif 7 to 8 weeks I am guessing 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

So moderns are shipping quicker than Economy??? I just assumed that since you paid more for the Economy that you got them back quicker.

JC,

As for what he was supposed to say, I expected the truth so I guess we will see how long it takes and I will report back foreheadslap.gif

I tend to agree with you and other that I will be left at the altar so to speak if I go to my mailbox in 5 weeks, but I still have my fingers 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

5 weeks is a little generous. Unless CGC has some kind of plan to speed it up a bit.

My modern sub should be back any day and they were received by CGC on Jan 15th.

Not quite 8 weeks. But they are not here yet.