• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My expierience with Gerry Ross (The Comic Master)
3 3

95 posts in this topic

but then, back in those days, every third house had a stack of unwanted comics in it for pennies on the dollar. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well, I guess some things change while others just stay the same!

Nowadays, although every third house probably still has a stack of unwanted comics, the owners now want 10 dollars on the dollar for them. lol

but then, back in those days, every third house had a stack of unwanted comics in it for pennies on the dollar. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well, I guess some things change while others just stay the same!

Nowadays, although every third house probably still has a stack of unwanted comics, the owners now want 10 dollars on the dollar for them. lol

:roflmao:

On 12/11/2015 at 6:28 PM, davidpg said:

I've only been making you all wait 10 years. it's not THAT long.

I'm figuring I'll wait until 2025 and finish the story on the 20th anniversary of my original post!

31 minutes ago, davidpg said:

I'm figuring I'll wait until 2025 and finish the story on the 20th anniversary of my original post!

Well now that you've resurrected this old thread, and I've spent the time to read it, you really better finish your story!

On 3/4/2021 at 3:37 PM, davidpg said:

By that time David Mamet will probably have a Pulitzer Prize winning sequel written. ;)

image.png.50920f885c32a27a33a2650d29317f8c.png

Edited by Cat-Man_America

Yup Guy is a doctor...allegedly. An Emergency Room Physician as he says. True or not..can't say. He still sells comics from the back of his van ,moving from Montreal to Toronto.  He goes by the name Barry Allen and you can find his adverts easy since he is buying comics    

Like many of you, I had a few very interesting deals with Geri in the 1990s.   He was quite the character and always looking to make a deal.  On the plus side, I did buy an unread Startling 49 and Real Life 3 from him.  I paid about $1000 for the pair and the Startling 49 was easily a 9.0 or 9.2 with Mile High like qualities.  The Real Life 3 was also beautiful and like an 8.0. Both long gone and sold 20+ years ago.   He also sold me an All Star 8 that he insisted was an FVF that came back as a CGC 4.0, but I was just glad it came back as a universal.   He also had a near complete Action run from 3 - 9 that were all restored and slightly brittle that he was marketing as unrestored higher grade copies.  I bought them and ended up paying about 25% of his initial asking price after I pointed out the missing parts, poor paper quality and heavy resto.