• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2018 at 4:58 AM, FineCollector said:

Any new demand for Fawcett Captain Marvel with the movie news?  I saw a small time dealer asking double the going rate for a common non-key issue this weekend, and I'm not sure if he's expecting movie hype, or if he just doesn't see them very often.

Also, how long will the catalog on your website be down?

We stopped using our website in 2011 when I closed my warehouse down and went retail. Not sure that will change in the near future. We’ve never sold Comics online so not sure if/when I would be motivated to start. 

Both cma and whiz titles seem to have some increased demand. 

8 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

It's now been over 2,000 days since the Gators have beaten the Noles on the gridiron, when do you think that might change?

Not sure. We are in the midst of trying to win the ncaa baseball and softball championships (correct me, but FSU has never won either , correct? ) hehe

Do Florida Gator people generally feel more animus towards UGA or FSU? (sorry if this has been asked/answered already) and why?  and are there negative feelings about University of Miami, or mostly indifference?

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Not sure. We are in the midst of trying to win the ncaa baseball and softball championships (correct me, but FSU has never won either , correct? ) hehe

Yes, FSU is playing LSU in the Super Regionals in softball this week, and of course conference tournaments are just starting in baseball.

But I was talking about a sport that more than just the families of the players care about (or perhaps you think ESPN is handing out a 5 billion dollar softball deal soon?).

45 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Yes, FSU is playing LSU in the Super Regionals in softball this week, and of course conference tournaments are just starting in baseball.

But I was talking about a sport that more than just the families of the players care about (or perhaps you think ESPN is handing out a 5 billion dollar softball deal soon?).

Right now espn is all about baseball and softball. In a couple of months we can talk football :)

but Florida is ranked #1 across all sports (FSU 9th), has won the same number of football nattys as FSU and most importantly, academically the market views a Florida degree to the tune of 25% higher average starting salary across all majors when compared to a degree from FSU (yikes)

BF862F6A-0A05-4972-A839-01E436E2C383.png

CD174E41-DC98-4071-A357-C49246C3ED0E.png

Edited by G.A.tor

19 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

but Florida is ranked #1 across all sports (FSU 9th), has won the same number of football nattys as FSU and most importantly, academically the market views a Florida degree to the tune of 25% higher average starting salary across all majors when compared to a degree from FSU (yikes)

And yet, they had the lowest bar passage rate out of all Florida law schools for the most recent Bar Exam.

:foryou:

(pretty cool that both UF and FSU are top 10 across all sports from all schools)

5 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

And yet, they had the lowest bar passage rate out of all Florida law schools for the most recent Bar Exam.

:foryou:

(pretty cool that both UF and FSU are top 10 across all sports from all schools)

At least those that do pass make more money lol

On 5/22/2018 at 10:18 PM, Crowzilla said:

(thumbsu

But since you indirectly brought it up , pretty abysmal for FSU athletes:

Success in the classroom of course should be a top priority for all schools, but I'm sure you well know about the flaws in APR, and the better tracking rate, as admitted by the NCAA, is the Graduation Success Rate.

In that respect, both schools are nearly identical, with FSU posting an 84% rating while the Gators are at 83%.

https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/gsrsearch

Of particular commendation is the fact that FSU has been singled out by the Education Trust as having one of the top graduation rates for black students. This is particularly good news for Athletics, where black student athletes make up a disproportionate percentage of the group.

http://news.fsu.edu/news/university-news/2017/03/01/fsu-identified-top-performer-black-student-success/

2 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

That is a lucid, intelligent, well-thought out objection.

Good luck to all four baseball and softball teams in the coming days.

our baseball team, admittedly were resting players, but really stunk the last 6 games...hopefully that "rest" doesn't affect our momentum...and our Softball team suddenly seems vulnerable...but, maybe a state team can do some damage

5 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Congrats to both the Gators and Noles for having a team playing beyond the weekend.  Good luck in the Super-Regionals.

I think FSU will Win their first women’s softball championship. Gators got robbed against ucla but that’s the breaks sometimes. And our baseball team struggled in the regional, not to confident at this moment, but if we make it to Omaha I will be there!