• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Had a friend send me a link to see the current state of that area. I have employees that work there that were told it could be a month until power is back. Looked at the shopping center where Newforce is and the old location looked like the roof was completely gone.  Can't tell from above how hard his new location was hit. 

You guys are in our Prayers.

Rick, very sorry to read about your home.  I can empathize.  You will recover and so will the region -- Florida is tough as nails.  Whatever you or your family might need, just holler, we are all here to help.

Before Gator's cell phone lost power he sent us a photo of the front of his home.  I don't think he'd mind my sharing it here just to give an indication of the hurricane's wrath...

6c7fed45-20a1-45de-b566-556bbb7a2154_zps

Rick told us that at the height of the storm he had to lean into the front door to keep the wind from blowing it off.  There is no way to understate the damage Michael wrought to the Florida panhandle.  A cat. 5 hurricane is merciless and Panama City was near ground zero.

Fingers crossed that his employees and business survived unscathed, but I'm not sure there's much room for optimism at present.  Power to the area may not be fully restored for weeks.

Edited by Cat-Man_America

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Texted with Rick a bit and he said it was OK to update everyone.

1st off, family is all safe.

I asked if they had food and water and they said Bridget's sister came down with food and water so they have that for now.

He has no wifi and limited cell reception. No messaging ability at all. Just texting.

Their home and store were destroyed.

He said that his collection should be OK as it was covered and tarped up.

Right now he said they are 'in the dark and sweating'.

Now they have months and months of rebuilding to look forward to.

Thanks for providing us with an update, Roy.  Rick knows that our home would be open to them if they need safe haven and can get to Texas.  Hopefully state & local assistance will come through to help folks through this, but it's gotta be tough going for everyone in the Florida panhandle right now.