• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Apparently all good things must come to an end. 

After serving bay county collectors for almost 19 years, New Force Comics has to close it doors dec 31st

our shopping center complex manager informed me yesterday that our lease is terminated and we have until the 31st to vacate. 

Unfortunately 1000s of businesses and properties were devastated by the hurricane. So, there is no where to move to. 

Will be seeing you all on the convention scene!

:sorry:

On 11/29/2018 at 4:29 AM, G.A.tor said:

After serving bay county collectors for almost 19 years, New Force Comics has to close it doors dec 31st

our shopping center complex manager informed me yesterday that our lease is terminated and we have until the 31st to vacate. 

Unfortunately 1000s of businesses and properties were devastated by the hurricane. So, there is no where to move to. 

when times are tough, the tough get tougher...wishing all the best and hoping that  new business opportunity turns out to be a "gold rush"  for you.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:29 PM, G.A.tor said:

sorry about this :frown:

website could be an option to explore as mentioned.

Rick, I'm sorry to hear this..... I know you probably had relationships with many of the customers, this would be almost like an unexpected divorce. People who have shops don't run them as just a means to sell stock, there are many ways to do that... it runs deeper than that. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

sorry about this :frown:

website could be an option to explore as mentioned.

With all the great books you carry Gator folks would probably really be in favour of a website solution. For instance Highgradecomics seems to be doing great without brick'n mortar.

11 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

With all the great books you carry Gator folks would probably really be in favour of a website solution. For instance Highgradecomics seems to be doing great without brick'n mortar.

I would second that and conduct you own auctions thru your own website , rather than spread your collection around to HA and CC and CL depending on who you think would be the best for that particular book. Unless Ha give you a separate catalog and a heck of a consigning deal that is...why give up 10/20% if you can communicate with the real buyers of your material or sell at retail in a convention setting. Maybe its time for a total reboot...Cat says Texas, I say San Diego...today 65 degrees, perfect weather...amazing

Edited by Mmehdy

On 11/29/2018 at 4:29 AM, G.A.tor said:

Rick;

Extremely sorry to hear about the plight you have had to suffered through the past couple of months. :frown:

Was not aware of your situation since I have been busy with my daughter's wedding and did not have much time to spend on the boards here.  As a fellow passionate collector, I definitely feel for you in terms of losing not only your business, but also having to call an end to your collecting days after so many decades.  :cry:

The only saving grace is that you still have family and friends and as all of us have already  expressed on the boards here..........we all wish you the best in whatever format you choose to continue your business as you are most definitely one of the best ones out there. (thumbsu