• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I wish you all the best, what would you consider to be the rarest items in terms of duplicating finding another copy, not based upon value ?  Is the collection going to be sold at one time or over several auctions?

One auction

the little giant 4 (Larson) and the Amf promo are 2 of the rarest. Also a 7.5 amazing man 22 (gorilla nazi) and a relatively high grade Everett amazing mystery funnies run should be a big draw

6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

One auction

the little giant 4 (Larson) and the Amf promo are 2 of the rarest. Also a 7.5 amazing man 22 (gorilla nazi) and a relatively high grade Everett amazing mystery funnies run should be a big draw

It must take a certain spiritual fitness to let these gems go ...

12 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

One auction

You mean the office mock up copy of amf V2#3?

15 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

One auction

thanks for the information is there a approximate date when these will be auctioned, I believe one auction is the way to go to spread the collection among the greatest amount of true comic book collectors, I will look for the little giant 4, AM22, and the Amf promo and thanks for the heads up on those

5 hours ago, Mmehdy said:
21 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

One auction

thanks for the information is there a approximate date when these will be auctioned, I believe one auction is the way to go to spread the collection among the greatest amount of true comic book collectors, I will look for the little giant 4, AM22, and the Amf promo and thanks for the heads up on those

You do realize this is an open public board for serious comic book collectors.  :gossip:

You probably should have asked him in a PM since you have now also given the heads up to all of the other Centaur collectors as to which books to go after in terms of true rarity.  doh!

Then again, it's probably not really that much of a surprise to those who frequent the boards here anyways. (thumbsu

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

You do realize this is an open public board for serious comic book collectors.  :gossip:

You probably should have asked him in a PM since you have now also given the heads up to all of the other Centaur collectors as to which books to go after in terms of true rarity.  doh!

Then again, it's probably not really that much of a surprise to those who frequent the boards here anyways. (thumbsu

I went  through the Gator centaur a day thread and found that he made a lot of good comments on several other issues also...its public and it  is obtainable, but I also respect Gator and his knowledge as to been there and done that...and there are a lot of great books, if I come away with one quality book that would just great.

Edited by Mmehdy

7 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I went  through the Gator centaur a day thread and found that he made a lot of good comments on several other issues also...its public and it  is obtainable, but I also respect Gator and his knowledge as to been there and done that...and there are a lot of great books, if I come away with one quality book that would just great.

I totally get what you are saying here. (thumbsu

As with the Jon Berk Collection, I was determined to get one of the books from his collection and was totally happy that I was able to snag 4 of them by the time it was all said and done.  Truth be told though, looking backwards and after the fact now, I probably should have bidded a bit higher on some of those earlier lots. 

Similar to the Jon Berk books, like you, I would also be quite happy if I am able to come away with a quality book for my own personal collection.  :wishluck:

On 12/9/2018 at 11:44 PM, Mmehdy said:

Isn't more likely you would come away with one Centaur book?

(: