• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Oh wow, Rick, just now seeing all of this, going to the boards to see whose collection this is.  My heart aches for you, buddy.

I don't "need" those books in CC, per se, but I'll do my part to make sure the loss of one Centaur under-bidder won't lead to a profound revaluation.  Even forgetting the horrible circumstances for a moment, your accomplishment in assembling these books deserves full compensation.

Please let me know when/if you'll be in Chicago for the con this summer.

1 hour ago, CentaurMan said:

Oh wow, Rick, just now seeing all of this, going to the boards to see whose collection this is.  My heart aches for you, buddy.

I don't "need" those books in CC, per se, but I'll do my part to make sure the loss of one Centaur under-bidder won't lead to a profound revaluation.  Even forgetting the horrible circumstances for a moment, your accomplishment in assembling these books deserves full compensation.

Please let me know when/if you'll be in Chicago for the con this summer.

Thanks win. I will be at both c2e2 and ww in August!

34 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Rick, because it’s CC I won’t be bidding but I’d like to echo the well-wishes of others. 

Will you be at WonderCon?

Not wonder con. Still dealing with day to day on contractors and such and trying to get properties ready for sale. Maybe next year some will be back to some semblance of previous normality 

1 hour ago, CentaurMan said:

I'll do my part to make sure the loss of one Centaur under-bidder won't lead to a profound revaluation. 

:tonofbricks:

***puts wallet back in his pocket***

On 2/20/2019 at 12:49 PM, G.A.tor said:
On 2/20/2019 at 5:26 AM, SuperBird said:

Wow, this collection is amazing. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks. Feel free to bid on them all lol

What SuperBird said here!!!  (thumbsu

I guess a lot of the more serious bidders must be waiting for the CL Auction to be over before they throw in a bid on the CC Auction.  Especially since I am surprisingly still leading on several of these Centaur lots here which is definitely not the norm for me.  In fact, if you look at some of the non-Centaur GA books right now, current high bids are still sitting in single digits around where the price of a newsstand comic book would sell for nowadays and these are for 70+ years old books.  :takeit:

I guess with the CC auction format though, it often comes down to the closing bell and what happens in the 3-minute extended bidding time periods.  As long as they remember when their wanna be lot ends and don't end up missing it when it comes up.  hm  :wishluck: