• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Woo woo, as always, you are right on time. So you obviously think the market treats the two versions differently 

Marvel 1 Oct/Nov Bat 1 dot no dot     hm   They are 2 diff prints 1 has  No dot than it was changed to add the dot Ya that is called Diff.  :whee: Diff is almost all the time better in all of life things from Coll to food ect ect (worship)

I would say I prefer the Oct copy of Marvel 1 over the Nov copy less print run is the number 1 thing for $$$ same goes for Bat 1 less print run means more $$$ what is so hard to understand.

If I was a lawyer I would say I want this much for your DUI and if it was murder than you want this Much but both take time if it goes to trial but 1 is more $$$ (shrug)

The Batman 1 without the period is the first version. A running change was made when it was discovered the “.” Was missing. 

they are different runs of the same printing. 
again , supply being so limited there hasn’t been price differentiation , though there is a difference in supply 

Forgive my ignorance, but how is “different runs of the same printing” different from “a different print run”. I am so not informed technically. I am only dimly aware, but I thought there was some change to the printing plates. I thought a change to a plate resulted in a different print run

3 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how is “different runs of the same printing” different from “a different print run”. I am so not informed technically. I am only dimly aware, but I thought there was some change to the printing plates. I thought a change to a plate resulted in a different print run

Nope. Changing the plate mid run is still part of the run ...just different stages. 

a different print run is just that, an alternate or additional printing after first printing has been completed 

Edited by G.A.tor

52 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Nope. Changing the plate mid run is still part of the run ...just different stages. 

a different print run is just that, an alternate or additional printing after first printing has been completed 

Such as Marvel Comics 1  - Oct vs Nov...  a different print run as opposed to "Stop the presses!  We have a date issue that needs correcting." 

15 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Such as Marvel Comics 1  - Oct vs Nov...  a different print run as opposed to "Stop the presses!  We have a date issue that needs correcting." 

From my understanding There can be a first run and a second run etc of the same printing

8 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Rick, how is the Centaur market doing overall since you sold your collection?

While A-Man 22 and 26 continue to soar, what are some other specific issues that continue to show strong demand?

I still watch centaurs like always. Strong demand for arrow/fp issues and first 10 amf 
rare books still get snapped up. 

the lessor demand , non super hero like fp, Star, Star ranger don’t seem to reach levels I was willing to pay (about 60% of the lower demand titles I sold at auction , were a net loss for me),,, but the amans , amf, funny page arrow, rare one like the digest size sold so much higher, that overall I’d say market is still strong 

Edited by G.A.tor

Hi Rick,

Census question for you. I just acquired a Whiz Comics 18 and there are only 20 copies on the census. How many ungraded copies do you think exist? I would think this is the type of book that people typically get graded.

Thanks,

Josh

0BB2326E-AF9F-43B0-AE27-110E50AA571B.jpeg

Edited by Red84

22 hours ago, Red84 said:

Hi Rick,

Census question for you. I just acquired a Whiz Comics 18 and there are only 20 copies on the census. How many ungraded copies do you think exist? I would think this is the type of book that people typically get graded.

Thanks,

Josh

0BB2326E-AF9F-43B0-AE27-110E50AA571B.jpeg

There are plenty

most double digit whiz just haven’t been valuable enough , in the past, to warrant slabbing. 

I had 35+ raw copies of whiz 22 for example, that has about same number on census ...and I know a ton of folks that had raw copies. 
so 18 likely very similar. 

Edited by G.A.tor