• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

I would love to go to a Con this fall.  Too many variables at the moment to even think about it yet....

Isn't the Javitz centre a Field Hospital right now?

Will we be able to have mass public gatherings?

Will 14 day quarantine periods be required for travelers?

When are international borders reopening?

Edited by piper

14 minutes ago, piper said:

I would love to go to a Con this fall.  Too many variables at the moment to even think about it yet....

The Javits has been closed as a hospital. I just posted wondering what is happening with NYCC (I expect it to be cancelled), and I have gone for 10 or so years in a row at this point.  We have no idea what is going to happen in NYC the next 5 months or so.

I am starting to consider Baltimore as an alternative this year.

On 4/11/2020 at 12:07 AM, manetteska said:

This may be a waste of my GAtor question, but any reason why this Prize Comics #64 went for so much? There's an early Briefer Frankenstein, but not the first; also not in great condition.

This Guy

Never saw this. Sorry 

5 hours ago, drotto said:

This may be a bit premature considering the track record of 2020, and its effect on cons.  Have you heard anything about Baltimore or NYCC?  I always look forward to seeing your stuff there.

I 100% if you know nothing and/or are not comfortable doing things like cons considering everything going on.

I’m guessing, like most all cons this year, they will be no go for majority, even if events still a go
Ive resolved to Avoiding all conventions until it is no longer necessary or recommended we wear masks 

Edited by G.A.tor

4 hours ago, piper said:

Questions that the fluidity of the virus make a challenge to answer today 

Hey Gator. Were there any protests near your mountaintop retreat?

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

Hey Gator. Were there any protests near your mountaintop retreat?

The neighboring town boone (home to app state) had a small and peaceful demonstration Saturday. 
My county is 90% Caucasian, 9% Hispanic and 1% Asian and other by demographic. So we were quiet. 

32 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

My county (Fort Bend County Tx.) is 46% White, 19% Black, 11% Asian, 11% Hispanic, and many more. It has been called the most racially diverse county in the country, and it will be the final resting place for George Floyd.

We were also quiet.

Diversity at its finest. 

57 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

My county (Fort Bend County Tx.) is 46% White, 19% Black, 11% Asian, 11% Hispanic, and many more. It has been called the most racially diverse county in the country, and it will be the final resting place for George Floyd.

We were also quiet.

Good to hear you were quiet Ritchie. Might get a little different at funeral time.

My county (LA, CA) probably got you beat. We probably have people from other planets here as well.

My city even has a gay, Hispanic mayor. We were pretty desimated on Sunday night's demonstration. A whole area of downtown was looted. Whatever wasn't was broken into and ransacked. Lost a cool vintage vinyl store owned by a black guy who I knew real well. There is also a new comic store that opened end of Feb. I don't know about them. Another friend has a cool antique store that only had it's windows broken. I tried to go to sleep but heard sirens, helicopters and explosions. I had a loaded gun. Really sad because we are such a mellow, diverse, and peaceful college town. Things seem to be back to as normal as possible now.

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

The neighboring town boone (home to app state) had a small and peaceful demonstration Saturday. 

That's beautiful country, by the way.  When I was a kid, my family hiked part of the appalachian trail through Cherokee National Forest.  Just a wealth of natural beauty.  (thumbsu

When it comes to surviving copies, can I assume other books from 36-39 like the first 20 issues of tip top have roughly as many surviving copies as action 1?  The census shows most in the single digits, but they're not nearly as valuable so I'm assuming less motivation to submit them .

1 hour ago, waaaghboss said:

When it comes to surviving copies, can I assume other books from 36-39 like the first 20 issues of tip top have roughly as many surviving copies as action 1?  The census shows most in the single digits, but they're not nearly as valuable so I'm assuming less motivation to submit them .

Tough to know. Centaurs from that time frame certainly do not exist in comparable quantities. Not sure tip tops do either