• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

...we may as well just crown Alabama now and move on.

Yup, clearly the elite of college football this year.

Western Michigan vs. Alabama for the national championship? (shrug):insane:lol

I wonder if the Gators can shock the college football world??... nah

I wonder if the Gators can shock the college football world??... nah

You never know. If Alabama turns the ball over multiple times......

Edited by kinzebac

That's what they all said 2 years ago. :whistle:

Go Buckeyes!

Go Buckeyes!

no again... jon and greg , that kind of language is NOT tolerated in this thread :sumo:

Go Buckeyes!

Sorry Ricky...You KNOW i can't pass this up!! OH..........IO!!!! :headbang:

Your boys got a BIG remake win in today though congrats!!

Now onto a question for me. I know you have an affinity for everything Mego, I know you love some Terrific 5 and Whiz 22. I also have seen you post that you have a few really neat Heshka's. What's your stance on OA? Not really from an investment standpoint I'm just curious is that something you are into as well? I've seen a ton of pieces go off the auction blocks and i'm trying to follow it but it's just so random with so much out there it's hard to get into for me. Sure there are pieces here and there that i think Wow that's really cool but i'm just wondering because i've heard OA is the obvious stepping stone from GA but i'm just not sure that's going to be my path.

Go Buckeyes!

another one of you on my "list" now

Now onto a question for me. I know you have an affinity for everything Mego, I know you love some Terrific 5 and Whiz 22. I also have seen you post that you have a few really neat Heshka's. What's your stance on OA? Not really from an investment standpoint I'm just curious is that something you are into as well? I've seen a ton of pieces go off the auction blocks and i'm trying to follow it but it's just so random with so much out there it's hard to get into for me. Sure there are pieces here and there that i think Wow that's really cool but i'm just wondering because i've heard OA is the obvious stepping stone from GA but i'm just not sure that's going to be my path.

I have about 20 pieces of OA...all silver surfer....have a few Kirby's, buscema's, a cover, and some Lim, byrne, etc....

oa is neat, just not my thing...high profile pieces probably a good investment, but some lessor demand, really a tough call...

I have about 20 pieces of OA...all silver surfer....have a few Kirby's, buscema's, a cover, and some Lim, byrne, etc....

oa is neat, just not my thing...high profile pieces probably a good investment, but some lessor demand, really a tough call...

Cool beans thanks!! That's about where i'm at. Well not even there yet exactly as there are still too many books i REALLY want and have to keep the warchest ready for but would like a few pieces someday but they would certainly have to call out to me. Gonna just keep watching and learning for now and maybe someday an Action 15 cover will fall into my lap :D:wishluck:

Hey Gator,

Any value in coverless or incomplete GA and Silver key books?

:bump:

sure...there are many collectors that like to purchase, collect, try to make complete copies out of...

rick, would you care to analyze how other pre-Archie Peps (both peds and non-peds) will now fare in view of the HA Church results the other day?
as we saw with the pep 1 in today's heritage , not much correlation at all...they will keep on keeping, but a unique set such as the MH "shouldn't" affect fmv on "normal" copie, to any noticeable extent

Go Buckeyes!

another one of you on my "list" now

I completely missed this!! wahoo!! Win/Lose/Draw...Finally I'm on a list of some kind!! :acclaim:

rick, would you care to analyze how other pre-Archie Peps (both peds and non-peds) will now fare in view of the HA Church results the other day?
as we saw with the pep 1 in today's heritage , not much correlation at all...they will keep on keeping, but a unique set such as the MH "shouldn't" affect fmv on "normal" copie, to any noticeable extent
"sooooo your telling me there's a chance"?

+1

Not a stepping stone for me as I have been staying with GA for years now.

Absolutely no interest in OA at all as there is just so much out there. (shrug)