• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Another question.

I see alot of books with brittle pages from the golden age. I and many other people refuse to buy books with slightly brittle or brittle pages. However I always wondered if it was possible to take a brittle copy and take the cover off and marry it to a coverless copy that has good page quality? How would that change the grade? It seems like brittle pages also bring the grade down significantly.

Would the cover also be brittle if the pages are?

Another question.

I see alot of books with brittle pages from the golden age. I and many other people refuse to buy books with slightly brittle or brittle pages. However I always wondered if it was possible to take a brittle copy and take the cover off and marry it to a coverless copy that has good page quality? How would that change the grade? It seems like brittle pages also bring the grade down significantly.

it would become a qualified book , with married cover

Hey Rick I have a quick question for you about Funny Pages 39 and Chucks Mile High list. I see in that list no 39 copy was in it does it exist or did someone get it before hand. Thanks Jack

Another question.

Wouldn't a green label with married cover be worth more than a brittle copy?

Hey Rick I have a quick question for you about Funny Pages 39 and Chucks Mile High list. I see in that list no 39 copy was in it does it exist or did someone get it before hand. Thanks Jack
ive never asked chuck (not that he'd remember) and I've never seen it. hm. Maybe Jon Berk knows?

Another question.

in most cases, yes

What's the story behind your initial inventory that started your comic business? Was it your personal collection that you've had as a kid? Find a big collection to get started with?
was my collection of golden age I had put together in the 2000s

Another question.

It would to me...

Dear GAtor -- I've been attracted to researching coins recently. Is this common among comic collectors? Any advice to save myself from becoming a coinee?
I know of several comic collectors that also collect coins, but they seem like 2 entirely diff hobbies to me, so I say spend your coins on comics :)

Dear GAtor -- I've been attracted to researching coins recently. Is this common among comic collectors? Any advice to save myself from becoming a coinee?
I know of several comic collectors that also collect coins, but they seem like 2 entirely diff hobbies to me, so I say spend your coins on comics :)

I collected coins before I collected comics. I was 10 when I 1st started collecting coins & 12 when I got into comics.

I collected coins for a while as a kid. But imagine collecting comics that all have the same cover and contents but just a different number on the cover...

My thoughts exactly, and pretty much the example I share with a collector friend of mine who drifts between comics and coins, with marbles and paperbacks getting the nod now and then.

Once touched by the comic bug, I don't know how anyone can stay away. There's definitely something for everyone and at every price level, be it a nice painted cover later Four Color for a ten-spot or that high grade All Star 8 on everyone's radar!