• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Grantley Goddard said:

In the real world of proper sport, who will win the FIFA World Cup?

And yet so few folks I know follow soccer. It is interesting how in the US we don’t (macro) have the same passion for soccer as other sports

9 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

And yet so few folks I know follow soccer. It is interesting how in the US we don’t (macro) have the same passion for soccer as other sports

U.S. failing to get in this time sure ain't going to boost interest.  Of course, we can hardly be blamed for losing a key game 2-1 to that powerhouse squad from Trinidad-Tobago. :tonofbricks:

19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

U.S. failing to get in this time sure ain't going to boost interest.  Of course, we can hardly be blamed for losing a key game 2-1 to that powerhouse squad from Trinidad-Tobago. :tonofbricks:

Probably could have taken Trinidad or Tobago, but not both at the same time.

7 minutes ago, walclark said:
28 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Probably could have taken Trinidad or Tobago, but not both at the same time.

Yeah, that really was unfair!

14 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I was so happy when my son decided to not sign up again.  I have tried to watch it, but it is like watching paint dry in the dark (IMHO).

Rick,

Did you watch the Florida Auburn college baseball game last night.  What an exciting game with a steal of home and a game ending home run off the Auburn outfielder's glove.  Game ended pretty late, so you may have missed it.

7 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

Rick,

Did you watch the Florida Auburn college baseball game last night.  What an exciting game with a steal of home and a game ending home run off the Auburn outfielder's glove.  Game ended pretty late, so you may have missed it.

I watch every minute of all gator sports lol

was exciting 

On 6/7/2018 at 9:22 PM, batman_fan said:

I was so happy when my son decided to not sign up again.  I have tried to watch it, but it is like watching paint dry in the dark (IMHO).

Some people say that about curling ... there are strategies involved in both games ... perhaps this flag???

BelgiumFlag.jpg

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I watch every minute of all gator sports lol

was exciting 

Are you going to get to go to Omaha?  You guys are our (Texas Tech) side of the bracket again!  Great season so far for both teams.  

8 minutes ago, ender said:

Are you going to get to go to Omaha?  You guys are our (Texas Tech) side of the bracket again!  Great season so far for both teams.  

we will if we get past this weekend...I am heroes con this weekend, but will be there if we make it to finals

6 hours ago, fishbone said:

Back to funny books ..... Rick, the 242K for the Tec27 restored (mod) 8.5 on CC today

The highest for a restored comic ever ?

At least 1 Action 1 restored has sold for a lot more (that I know about). And my former restored tec27 sold for more a few years ago, but neither was a public auction

Hey G.A.tor!

Two questions, and apologies if the first of them already appeared in this thread.

1.  Will you be at the Torpedo Comics event on July 15th?

2.  Just saw a raw Tec #168 that might grade out to an 8.5 or so.  Any idea on the current market for that book?  (pages oww).  40-50k?

Thanks!

Dan

14 hours ago, Drummy said:

Hey G.A.tor!

Two questions, and apologies if the first of them already appeared in this thread.

2.  Just saw a raw Tec #168 that might grade out to an 8.5 or so.  Any idea on the current market for that book?  (pages oww).  40-50k?

Thanks!

Dan

1- not this year. Had toyed with idea but couldn’t swing it

2-40-50k certainly seems reasonable 

On 7/1/2018 at 6:07 PM, Drummy said:

Hey G.A.tor!

Thanks!

Dan

Go for it Dan!  

I recently stumbled across the fact that Gene Colan worked on a stretch of Hopalong Cassidy for DC, about issue 80 through 110 or so.  I'm not sure I want to collect them, especially if they're tough to come by.  Are they steady sellers or dead ducks?

Edited by FineCollector