• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FineCollector said:

I recently stumbled across the fact that Gene Colan worked on a stretch of Hopalong Cassidy for DC, about issue 80 through 110 or so.  I'm not sure I want to collect them, especially if they're tough to come by.  Are they steady sellers or dead ducks?

Can honestly say no one has ever asked me for a copy at a con. To me, that makes it a great run to collect (low demand typically means good pricing!)

35 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Can honestly say no one has ever asked me for a copy at a con. To me, that makes it a great run to collect (low demand typically means good pricing!)

I occasionally come across Hopalong Cassidy comics at cons.  Never had the urge to collect 'em myself, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're popular with William Boyd's great grandchildren.   hm

1 hour ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I occasionally come across Hopalong Cassidy comics at cons.  Never had the urge to collect 'em myself, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're popular with William Boyd's great grandchildren.   hm

This give you the urge (shrug)

Hopalong-Cassidy.jpg

Edited by woowoo

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Rick...what occurs once in every minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years??!!! -The Riddler ?

THe letter M

Edited by G.A.tor

3 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Complete list of Power 5 teams with 2 FCS opponents in 2018:
1. Florida Gators

wait, I'm not sure that is a question...

1-1 record?

@G.A.tor Considering a fairly large purchase and debating between 1 of 2 books.  In your experience for desirability and resale value is it more advantagous to have a book with a taped spine or tape residue along the entire spine?  I know neither are optimal and both are blue labels FYI.

Fantastic # 3 I do have . Bought it years ago , no back cover , but it's all there. complete.  Looks great in a mylar. My favorite golden age cover. I wouldn't be able to afford it today with prices the way they are. I would post it but I don't have a scanner . But if you search old threads you might be able to find it. Then again CGC  deleted a lot of pictures when they upgraded.  

15 minutes ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

Fantastic # 3 I do have . Bought it years ago , no back cover , but it's all there. complete.  Looks great in a mylar. My favorite golden age cover. I wouldn't be able to afford it today with prices the way they are. I would post it but I don't have a scanner . But if you search old threads you might be able to find it. Then again CGC  deleted a lot of pictures when they upgraded.  

phone camera :baiting:...