• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I have done the same thing. No regrets. Family comes first. Good luck with the sale. Watch them go down and smile Rick. You had all that fun collecting them and now you get to see what they bring. I suspect you will be happy with the final result and the money will go to good use. You can always go back and re buy some of your favorites when life gets back to normal. Good luck with the sale!

I hope the results exceed my expectations. Ty

1 hour ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

Rick, wishing you nothing but the best . I think your going to make out pretty good. And Family always comes first. 

Pick up a few favorites if you can down the road. You deserve it.

Ty

On 2/18/2019 at 10:52 PM, ThothAmon said:

The CC auction will be epic. You should be very proud of putting together all those Centaurs and your epic thread will be marveled at for as long as the boards exist. Placed a ton of tracking bids but that A-Man 22 is already out of sight. 

Ty

On 2/18/2019 at 11:12 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

High bidder in several books including the Aman 26!! Won’t last long I don’t think haha!! Good luck Rick great showing 

Ty

On 2/19/2019 at 6:26 AM, comicjack said:

I know how you feel but in the end all will turn out for the better.The collection you put together is something to be proud of and in the end we can't take it with us.I think we will all be watching this one as close as Jon Berks :popcorn:

:wishluck:

On 2/19/2019 at 11:59 AM, Mmehdy said:

As I recall you have done this twice now...you could make it three times...Rick the collection looks great and CC catalog does it justice...you are not out of the game forever, just temporary and there are many collector hills left to climb for you. Just don't keep all your eggs in on basket on location, you should diversify locations and have a duplex etc in another state and rent one side out and always have a back up for the future, I hope part of the funds that come from this sale will enable you to do that. You also might consider trading up and selling a large amount to get a top graded top tier book...which can be put in a safety deposit box while you are at and have the ability to do it. Good luck, I am sure you will do fine on the sale.

Very diff circumstances but I guess no one knows what the future holds!

4 hours ago, sagii said:

AM22 aside, I remember during the Jon Berk auction that Star Comics #3 was hotly contested also.

Should be a barn burner again :popcorn:

John verzyl won it. I miss him. 

1 hour ago, Cat-Man_America said:

HA is kinda sucking all the air out of the room at the moment, but that'll change after this weekend.  

Gator, wishing you all the best on the upcoming CC auction.  :wishluck:

Cheers, Cat

:tink:

Thanks!