• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Foxtrot70 said:

The most notorious cover of all time that has  Hulk 181 demand levels 

how many long time EC completist collectors fell asleep at the wheel thinking oh it's cheap and common I will get my copy later ?   Then price creeps up and you think  oh that won't go any higher I will wait for it to cool off   Then few years later you have to anti up     Dohhh

Here is my copy 

IMG_0539.JPG

Very true! I can say this for many books that have "suddenly" sky rocketed.

5 hours ago, Foxtrot70 said:

The most notorious cover of all time that has  Hulk 181 demand levels 

how many long time EC completist collectors fell asleep at the wheel thinking oh it's cheap and common I will get my copy later ?   Then price creeps up and you think  oh that won't go any higher I will wait for it to cool off   Then few years later you have to anti up     Dohhh

Here is my copy 

IMG_0539.JPG

Too true! I've owned a total of 7 copies over the years because they were so easily attainable, then would sell or trade them as collector friends expressed interest. I probably would have done the same with my current copy if I hadn't taken a long break from comics to concentrate on original art. I came back to PCH 2 years ago and was shocked! Luckily I have mine and can concentrate on other hot issues (and PCH in general is of course scorching right now).

Edited by IngelsFan

CSS 22 is more than just the most notorious precode comic book cover. This classic Johnny Craig cover is more than the greatest precode decapitation cover. This cover represents the single most significant moment in precode comic book history. Bill Gaines and the cover to CSS 22 are forever referenced together during a period when comic books experienced Fahrenheit 451 throughout America...

35 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

Why on Earth is that a 2.0?

I have no idea! Surely there can't be anything major missing otherwise it would have either been noted or incomplete. Detached cover or centerfold would have been noted on the label as well. 

Might have to pay for the grader's notes and see, otherwise I'm thinking it would be worth a re-sub.

This is one case where I definitely bought the book and not the grade.