• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

And here's a scan of the Gaines File 9.6 copy. I should be the owner of this, but Heritage decided to increase the reserve price on the book the day before the auction ended (after I'd already met the previous reserve price). :pullhair:

crime2296.jpg

And here's a scan of the Gaines File 9.6 copy. I should be the owner of this, but Heritage decided to increase the reserve price on the book the day before the auction ended (after I'd already met the previous reserve price). :pullhair:

crime2296.jpg

That sounds fishy.

When did this happen? What was the initial reserve amount and the "adjusted" reserve?

It was 3 or 4 years ago, so I don't remember exactly. I know my max bid was over $2000 (which I think at the time was 6 to 10 times Overstreet).

A day or 2 before the auction ended , I got an email telling me the reserve had been raised and I was no longer the winning bidder. I called Heritage and was informed that the seller decided to raise the reserve price and that it was their right to do so. I told them I thought it was B.S. that it was done only days before the auction ended, but they didn't much care about what I thought. :tonofbricks:

When did this happen? What was the initial reserve amount and the "adjusted" reserve?

It was 3 or 4 years ago, so I don't remember exactly. I know my max bid was over $2000 (which I think at the time was 6 to 10 times Overstreet).

A day or 2 before the auction ended , I got an email telling me the reserve had been raised and I was no longer the winning bidder. I called Heritage and was informed that the seller decided to raise the reserve price and that it was their right to do so. I told them I thought it was B.S. that it was done only days before the auction ended, but they didn't much care about what I thought. :tonofbricks:

Thanks for sharing this story. Guess that's Pre-emptive Seller's Remorse for you. No doubt he expected it to skyrocket and then chickened out when it just sat there at the minimum.