• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A simple GCG thing..

33 posts in this topic

wow..that book is so so .... close to a 9.8. The slight crease or thumb print that slightly break the color above the "A" is the only visible flaw I can see.

I'm having trouble with it as a 9.6 due to that.

I've only seen small scans of this book before. I think it's freaking gorgeous. Is it a 9.8? No, but I don't think one hairline color break should knock it down to a 9.4. Or to put it another way, I think this book is far nicer than any of the 9.4s I've seen. But maybe that's just me.

Ditto. That scan is about twice the size of the book as well. I have a hard time believing it's that noticeable in hand.

Ditto. That scan is about twice the size of the book as well. I have a hard time believing it's that noticeable in hand.

Here it is resized to approximately the same size of a comic, depending upon the resolution your screen is set to. I still say that's the longest creasing I've ever seen on a 9.6. I've never seen that much on a 9.4 either; it looks to be about 1" in length. It is amazingly perfect other than that though. The corners are RAZOR sharp...this book could be a 9.9 without that thumbcrease.

image_6_1.jpg

I would be proud to own this pitiful 9.6 copy.

Now that I've seen the large scan, it is my single-favorite, most-wanted, holiest-of-grails comic on the planet.

May as well be pining for this one given that the possibility of getting either is about the same! :cry:

Gem Mint Amazing Fantasy 15!!.jpg

Now that I've seen the large scan, it is my single-favorite, most-wanted, holiest-of-grails comic on the planet.

May as well be pining for this one given that the possibility of getting either is about the same! :cry:

I don't know, I think I would hold out for one signed by Ditko too... :jokealert:

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

How did that not get a PLOD? Obvious trim on outer top edge :makepoint:

:jokealert: