• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011, July 20-24, San Diego, CA

521 posts in this topic

Ha. TicketLeap "Down for Maintenance" at exactly 9:05 a.m. already. Geez. No updates on their Twitter and their Blog is locked out.

Their Facebook page is hilarious with people going nuts over the downtime though. Classic. :slapfight:

Just got off the phone with ticket leap. Tickets are being sold thru their website only and even though it keeps "going down" they are still selling to those that can get in and complete the sale.

However unfortunately it looks like ALL 4 day passes are now sold out (except for Juniors).

I was refreshing non-stop only to make it to the check out screen and then be kicked out again and again. Now according to them there are no more 4 day tickets left (you no longer even have the option to try and add 4 day tickets to your cart) :censored::frustrated:

Hi,

I have been trying to buy a 4 Day pass for ComiCon for my GF since 9.00 am PST today (I purchased my own ticket at last years SDCC).

To no avail. I only got the overload message.

Now everything is sold out. The ticket service is very incompetent and I am very unhappy about this.

I have been a regular visitor of SDCC for more than 10 years but I will be seriously thinking about skipping this event in the future.

I am returning to Wizard Chicago in Aug/11. 4 star hotels are cheap and tix are not a problem to a quality comic book convention.

Even if one is able to book say 3 days at SDCC, you will still not be able to reserve a 3 star :cloud9: quality hotel in downtown SD. Sells out super-fast and crashes the online reservation system every year like clockwork. :P

I actually got to the final checkout page twice, and it still failed.

This happened to me as well, but I just kept refreshing the checkout page until it went through and then refreshed the review page until I got my confirmation codes. Got my extra pass this way as well.

I am returning to Wizard Chicago in Aug/11. 4 star hotels are cheap and tix are not a problem to a quality comic book convention.

Even if one is able to book say 3 days at SDCC, you will still not be able to reserve a 3 star :cloud9: quality hotel in downtown SD. Sells out super-fast and crashes the online reservation system every year like clockwork. :P

That's if someone was dumb enough to use their system. To bypass all that find the hotel list from last year and CALL the hotel and reserve a room.

Hi,

though I have bought my SDCC four day pass already last year (at the con). I still need another pass for my GF.

I wasn't able to get though the reigistration system yesterday.

So if some1 has any idea please let me know. Thanks.

Even all the 1 day SDCC passes for Thurs or Sun. are sold out. Squat left. :cry:

Now when is this much promised expansion of the SDCC square footage supposed to occur? They were increasing attendance by about 8k ppl annually until they capped the attendance at 126k or 128k at least 3 years ago when the firemarshall stepped in.

Even all the 1 day SDCC passes for Thurs or Sun. are sold out. Squat left. :cry:

Now when is this much promised expansion of the SDCC square footage supposed to occur? They were increasing attendance by about 8k ppl annually until they capped the attendance at 126k or 128k at least 3 years ago when the firemarshall stepped in.

Projected completion in 5 years.

Which is AFTER ComicCon's commitment to San Diego.

There have been reports that SDCC never had any intention of leaving San Diego. They just wanted this expansion, which had been lagging, to be kicked into high gear. I think as long as progress is made on the expansion, Comic-Con will remain in SD.

May be time to revisit expanding SDCC from a 5 day event to 8 or 9 days. e.g. running Sunday to Sunday with dealer set up on the Sat. That way you could spread out the crowd at SDCC events, hotels, transportation links, parking, restaurants/pubs.

If I cannot easily get a golden ticket into SDCC until summer, 2016, greggy will need to push me around in my wheelchair. :devil: