• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction Watch 101

24 posts in this topic

Okay, I've been laying down a few bids on some CGC Byrne X-Men issues, and those two newbie speculators are still outbidding me and everyone else.

The problem is, that I made an error and bid on one that a) doesn't ship to Canada and b) doesn't accept Paypal Credit Cards. I've already asked that my bid be cancelled, but I'm not holding my breath.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2229627969

Now I'm sure that those two sub-20 feedback weenies will be coming by to outbid me, but it's also possible that since they're using Daddy's VISA, they may not. 893whatthe.gif

Let's just stay here for awhile and see what happens.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

do you want the book? I'll throw a bid on there.

I do want it, but I think the S&H, Paypal fees and other costs kind of negate me buying it through a 3rd-party.

I'm hoping a newbie speculator comes by and outbids me ASAP. flowerred.gif

P.S. Bruce, there's like an hour left. tonofbricks.gif

No worries Bruce. thumbsup2.gif

What's funny is that I'd pay the bid price and shipping no problem, but since I can't use a CC, I'd have to sell something ASAP to raise the PP account funds, which is never fun for us Canucks. foreheadslap.gif

It's all about work, not money. grin.gif

So win the book, have it shipped to me and I'll send it on to you. Or did I miss something here?

You know me - I hate to impose. Plus, I can only pay via CC, which incurs fees on your end, which means I'd cover the fees, which...

I'm just hoping one of those newbie spec kittens has some excess Paypal funds. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If this was a Paypal credit card and International-shipping auction, those two would have already outbid me. As it is, I'm not worried, as the speculators are rampant on EBay right now, and I'm trying to create some heat around this auction. devil.gif

Just so we know how high we would have to go to get you outa the pooper.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Nah, if you don't want the comic, then don't bid. This is more a running commentary on my stupidity for not stepping aside for the sub-20 feedback maniacs.

tonofbricks.gif

I'm pretty sure the specs are ready to mount an offensive at any moment. It would be pretty lame to have people lay down "pity bids" only to be hammered by the heavy speculator snipes.

Just so we know how high we would have to go to get you outa the pooper.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Nah, if you don't want the comic, then don't bid. This is more a running commentary on my stupidity for not stepping aside for the sub-20 feedback maniacs.

tonofbricks.gif

I'm pretty sure the specs are ready to mount an offensive at any moment. It would be pretty lame to have people lay down "pity bids" only to be hammered by the heavy speculator snipes.

If it makes you feel any better.

The highest sale for a 9.4 in the past 4 months was $50.

makepoint.gif

However it is a very nice looking copy. thumbsup2.gif

The highest sale for a 9.4 in the past 4 months was $50.

foreheadslap.gif

Like I said in a previous post, those two little wanker specs are bidding up all the CGC Byrne X-Men issues to the freaking stratosphere.

I would have had some nice books if it wasn't for them, and now it looks like they've screwed me into a corner with this one.

I hope their father gives them a good spanking when the credit card bill comes in.

Coming up to the 10 minute mark, and Crazy Vinnie with no Paypal Balance is still in the lead.

Will he set a new 4 month record for a CGC 9.4 X-Men 127 or will those two wanker specs call VISA and get a credit limit extension?

Check back here for the final tally.

5 minute update. Still in the lead, and it looks like the two newbie specs are tucked safely in bed (it's a school night) and Crazy Vinnie is all alone in front.

Can you live with only one kidney? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That was a nice book to let it get away for that cheap.

I actually forgot what my high bid was, as I was more concerned with getting an email to the seller asking for my bid to be cancelled.

Like I said, I would have easily paid the bid price or a bit higher, but not using a Paypal balance that as a Canuck. I'd have to sell something to supplement.

Most excitement I've had tonight, and I can hit the hay knowing I won't have to pimp any of my books to pay for this one. thumbsup2.gif