• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Seller: collectors_comics
2 2

98 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any history in purchasing from the ebay seller, collector_comics? I noticed the seller always sells raw silver age marvels, especially ASM. I am curious if this is another cdpaoli, makemeanofferandwin, lexerific, etc scam where they purchase restored cgc books, crack em open and sell them as unrestored.

It's good to see a n00b has used the search function and done some reading before posting.

Do tell - I tried the search engine (which is usually useless in my experience). With the search engine I found... this thread. meh

So I tried a Google search of the site, and got this link.

Welcome to the boards Clay. :hi:

It's good to see a n00b has used the search function and done some reading before posting.

Do tell - I tried the search engine (which is usually useless in my experience). With the search engine I found... this thread. meh

So I tried a Google search of the site, and got this link.

Welcome to the boards Clay. :hi:

Hard to tell sometimes, but I'm thinking that wasn't sarcasm.

Weird.

BorderlineHoarder, why'd you delete your post...?

Yeah I took it down because it was late when I posted it and I was tired, so I decided to remove it until I could review it today and make sure I was sticking to the facts on hand.

What I observed was likely nothing more than a garden variety crack and press on a Batman #18 I was following on eBay. It sold as a universal 3.0 and then two months or so later as a raw from collectors_comics with the spine roll fixed. I've reposted the pix below...I caught on to it based on the distinct pencil mark above the B in the Batman logo. I can't detect any restoration other than pressing from the scans.

I've seen differing opinions on pressing all over these boards...but the consensus seems to be that it should at least be disclosed, which I absolutely agree with. That way the the buyer has all the information on the book...like the principle behind CarFax. Since the book that was unslabbed was a universal, and were it resubmitted it would likely still be universal per CGC standards, it's not a cdpaoli/lexy situation where a buyer stands to lose a bunch of cash on an cracked PLOD. They also did not attempt to overgrade this one in the listing text. So, while technically there is nothing nefarious going on here, just some standard comic flipping...full disclosure on the former CGC label and press would be nice.

Before:

bat18f.jpg

After:

bat18postfixfront.jpg

Hi. First, I've spent many hours reading through these great threads, and I finally decided to register.

I thought this would be an interesting addition to this thread:

th_CA43-1.jpg

th_CA43-2.jpg

It appears he has a minimum price for his books, and he ensures they sell for that price.

th_ShillBidder.jpg

One of these books actually sold to someone!:

th_SS14-1.jpg

th_SS14-2.jpg

th_SS15-1.jpg

th_SS15-2.jpg

Sorry for the multiple links. Next time I'll stitch them all together.

Thankyou for the replies. Note - I did look up the ebay seller and did not find anything, hence for post to find out some additional information.

I put "cdpaoli" into the search and got 20 pages of results. One thread is called "Re: The cdpaoli is a SCAMMER thread (Was ebay...FAIL!) " (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4096592&Searchpage=7&Main=192497&Words=cdpaoli+is+a+SCAMMER+&topic=0&Search=true#Post4096592

Thankyou for the replies. Note - I did look up the ebay seller and did not find anything, hence for post to find out some additional information.

I put "cdpaoli" into the search and got 20 pages of results. One thread is called "Re: The cdpaoli is a SCAMMER thread (Was ebay...FAIL!) " (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4096592&Searchpage=7&Main=192497&Words=cdpaoli+is+a+SCAMMER+&topic=0&Search=true#Post4096592

So would he if he hadn't been looking for collector_comics instead.

I see what you mean. I thought he thought they were the same seller. Anyway, the search works fine (thumbs u

I see what you mean. I thought he thought they were the same seller. Anyway, the search works fine (thumbs u

(thumbs u

:signfunny:

I chuckled.