• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-paying ebay bidders?
1 1

127 posts in this topic

Why is it you can't leave negative feedback for buyers on ebay? What was the logic behind that?

As far as I can tell, the logic is that eBay wants to coddle buyers as much as possible with the promise of no consequences so they come spend money on the site. It has made selling even more problematic.

As a buyer who always pays ASAP so I get my books ASAP, I like that rule! Stops me from having to worry about a retalitory NEG.

I emailed him again this afternoon. So far no reply.

I wouldn't hold my breath...he hasn't emailed me back after I let him know the situation.

Also Miles (all4comics) NEVER got paid from this clown either and it was about $600 worth of books....I say we all contact Ebay and let them know what we know..

Oh, I sent him an email last week telling him his late payments were unacceptable and sent him another email today asking where my money was.

The guy is a tool.

I know I had to relist a book this week that an ebayer (whom also happens to be a boardie) won and put off paying for a long time, and now doesn't respond to my emails ...so, I filed NPB and relisted...happens all the time

Your boys better beat the gamecocks by 7 for my $800 payout bro....

I like the way they've picked up the pace in the last few weeks so took them along with, OR - STAN - ABRN & SCAL!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!! lol

Why is it you can't leave negative feedback for buyers on ebay? What was the logic behind that?

As far as I can tell, the logic is that eBay wants to coddle buyers as much as possible with the promise of no consequences so they come spend money on the site. It has made selling even more problematic.

As a buyer who always pays ASAP so I get my books ASAP, I like that rule! Stops me from having to worry about a retalitory NEG.

Agreed BS - Great from the buyer angle but believe me bro, as someone who also sells it's a freekin nightmare.........

Rich

I usually am against someone who doesn't have more than 25 postitive's next to his ebay name bidding on my books but have noticed even those who have 1000+ next to their name don't pay either. Ebay should let the sellers leave negatives on the buyers who don't pay or take more than a week to pay and expect to receive the next day! :mad:

I usually am against someone who doesn't have more than 25 postitive's next to his ebay name bidding on my books but have noticed even those who have 1000+ next to their name don't pay either. Ebay should let the sellers leave negatives on the buyers who don't pay or take more than a week to pay and expect to receive the next day! :mad:

E-bay should make bidders have the money in an escrow type account before bidding to assure they have the money.

jsquaredco

Mr. Schwartz is a slow payer. He is aka Fantastic Realm on eBay. I had a very odd transaction with him early this year. He bought a Bats #608 Second 9.8 from me, and it got all the way to "out for delivery"...then it vanished.

But he dos always eventually pay. 3 weeks or so later.

I have a book ending in about 2 hours, that a new bidder, just registered today, and from south korea no doubt, has put a 7K + bid on a book of mine...the under 2 bidders I believe are both legit, but I sure hope this new registered person is too (or gets outbid!)...just makes me nervous...

I used to put the ole "under 10 feedback email me first" but then that never seemed to do much good

I have a book ending in about 2 hours, that a new bidder, just registered today, and from south korea no doubt, has put a 7K + bid on a book of mine...the under 2 bidders I believe are both legit, but I sure hope this new registered person is too (or gets outbid!)...just makes me nervous...

I used to put the ole "under 10 feedback email me first" but then that never seemed to do much good

:wishluck:

:wishluck:
well, if it turns out the high bidder is a flake, at least I feel good about the underbidders :wishluck:

II used to put the ole "under 10 feedback email me first" but then that never seemed to do much good

Does the seller still have the option to cancel a buyers bid if the feedback looks suspicious or he just doesnt have enough positive's yet?

DR.X

II used to put the ole "under 10 feedback email me first" but then that never seemed to do much good

Does the seller still have the option to cancel a buyers bid if the feedback looks suspicious or he just doesnt have enough positive's yet?

DR.X

I'm think a seller can cancel someone's bid for any reason before an auction is over.

Edited by somewhereintexas