• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #648 sketch cover Megathread

913 posts in this topic

That is just unbelievable! I've decided to make this cover a quest and get a bunch of these sketched and CGC'd. One of them is already there, at least two more lined up with the artists and many more will be arranged hopefully next convention season but I was planning on nothing more than pencils and inks. THIS however may make me change my mind!!!!

Good job!

You may change your mind back.lol

The cover stock is . When i work on these blanks my process is a light ink line first then colors then tonesTHEN i add the blacks,letter it add a second coat to deepen the colors and hope i dont smudge,it takes a day to set and then its finished.

Its time consuming and i dont think the artists at the con will be willing to go to the lenghts i do.lol

My original concept was just simple pencils to inks, NOTHING this involved. I've already hit up Brian Stelfreeze for a Gwen Stacy which is at CGC being graded as we speak. I wouldn't expect anyone to put the kind of time and effort in these covers like you do!! :)

As soon as I get the Stelfreeze back I'll stick a picture of it up so everyone can see.

Anthony, how do you think pencils, basic inks, and *maybe* some of the colored markers would do (I'm guessing the markers would be the most problematic?). I love the idea behind this but obviously would want a sketch cover that wouldn't smudge, etc.

You may change your mind back.lol

The cover stock is . When i work on these blanks my process is a light ink line first then colors then tonesTHEN i add the blacks,letter it add a second coat to deepen the colors and hope i dont smudge,it takes a day to set and then its finished.

Its time consuming and i dont think the artists at the con will be willing to go to the lenghts i do.lol

Hearing that is such a dissapointment especially from a good artist who knows his Sheet. I had such hopes on getting so many spider-man villains done on these. As for the job you did on the Molten Man issue well that was superb.

Maybe I'll just have to get artists that know what they are doing on this stock cover material, to do all my spider-man villains and toss in an extra $100 on top of the regular sketch price for the extra time which I'll be willing to do, as long as the end result is stellar.

Rich

Rich,

Keep us updated with how your books turn out and who seems to have a handle on these. It will definitely help me out as I try to do something similar. I will post 'em as I get 'em and I have at least two lined up to be done in the near future.

Rich,

Keep us updated with how your books turn out and who seems to have a handle on these. It will definitely help me out as I try to do something similar. I will post 'em as I get 'em and I have at least two lined up to be done in the near future.

Will do my friend as I have 2 in the works as well.

Rich

So wait a sec... "We are only offering 50 of these items for today's DF Daily Special." Does this mean you did 50 copies of each cover? WOW--you're hands must hurt!

Nice job on them by the way!

I would imagine they wouldn't put Ken through the utter misery and they're probably prints of his original but I could be wrong....

Great job BTW.

I especially like the Symbiotes. ;-)

Rich

So wait a sec... "We are only offering 50 of these items for today's DF Daily Special." Does this mean you did 50 copies of each cover? WOW--you're hands must hurt!

Nice job on them by the way!

I would imagine they wouldn't put Ken through the utter misery and they're probably prints of his original but I could be wrong....

Great job BTW.

I especially like the Symbiotes. ;-)

Rich

Thanks guys!

All 50 are all hand drawn by me. They offered these two as you buy the Spidey one and then you can buy the symbiote one. So I don't have to draw 50 of each--- it'll probably be more like I need to do 30 of the Spidey's and 20 of the symbiotes.

And yea--- hand does hurt sometimes!