• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Military Comics by Actual Service Members
1 1

62 posts in this topic

165 Days

25th Division on Luzon

William de Jarnette Rutherfoord

Oversized cloth-covered hardcover with pasted on frontispiece

Fantastic early documentary graphic novel about the Battle of Luzon in the Philippines in WWII. The art may not be polished, but it presents a hard-hitting first person account of the action.

It's not sensational - almost matter of fact, which makes it more gripping.

Can't think of an earlier documentary graphic novel. This one is really historic...

109400.jpg.8d36b249ccdb42d3eccb23a8da88e92d.jpg

109401.jpg.26f13d70199dcd5983f6e5401c366f3c.jpg

109402.jpg.de20b4c5d1bff08ed674eca8f2ab4196.jpg

109403.jpg.41a16d999c6ab9b3c81c60d263d5afac.jpg

109404.jpg.4629df992775bad5843af40905624719.jpg

This one's not in the book -- I don't have Crosby's other WW1 book to know if it's in there. The absence of a copyright line and the rank in the signature make me wonder if he didn't do it for someone as a Christmas present. Dubb is the same character from "That Rookie..." though.

crosby1.jpg

This one's not in the book -- I don't have Crosby's other WW1 book to know if it's in there. The absence of a copyright line and the rank in the signature make me wonder if he didn't do it for someone as a Christmas present. Dubb is the same character from "That Rookie..." though.

crosby1.jpg

Is that your original? Great piece!

crosby1.jpg

Is that your original? Great piece!

Yes it is, thanks.