• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest comic in your collection?

571 posts in this topic

Don't think I own any really rare U.S. Golden Age - just some HTF books like Roly Poly 14 and Air Ace 2/2.

Given that Canadian books are generally scarcer than U.S. comics, this is probably my scarcest book - it's not listed in the GCD.

Interior is from Dynamic #17

comiccrimes.jpg

Sometimes the only chance you have to get a scarce issuer is by going for the pedigree! Dont know which of these it might be but these early Fights do seem pretty scarce and I doubt there is anything else as scarce in my collection, except maybe Planets 5, 14 and 15. So which one is the toughest? #5 maybe?

FightComics494MileHigh.jpg

FightComics570Rockford.jpg

FightComics1390Rockford.jpg

FightComics1496MileHigh.jpg

But believe it or not the following is the highest unrestored copy of this issue on the census!

FightComics730.jpg

Where is the Mile High I wonder?

Sometimes the only chance you have to get a scarce issuer is by going for the pedigree! Dont know which of these it might be but these early Fights do seem pretty scarce and I doubt there is anything else as scarce in my collection, except maybe Planets 5, 14 and 15. So which one is the toughest? #5 maybe?

FightComics494MileHigh.jpg

FightComics570Rockford.jpg

FightComics1390Rockford.jpg

FightComics1496MileHigh.jpg

But believe it or not the following is the highest unrestored copy of this issue on the census!

FightComics730.jpg

Where is the Mile High I wonder?

(worship)

Interesting thread! Overstreet wasn't much help so, I checked the census on my 7 Actions under 20 These 3 seem to be the rarest according to the census.

#4 22 graded 11 restored 2 unrestored books grade higher than my copy and it's tied with 2 others in the same grade.

action4cover002.jpg

#6 22 graded 8 restored 4 unrestored books grade higher than my copy and it's tied with 1 other in the same grade.

action6001.jpg

#11 18 graded 6 restored 4 unrestored books grade higher than my copy and it's tied with two others in the same grade.

action11and104001.jpg

Interesting thread! Overstreet wasn't much help so, I checked the census on my 7 Actions under 20 These 3 seem to be the rarest according to the census.

#4 22 graded 11 restored 2 unrestored books grade higher than my copy and it's tied with 2 others in the same grade.

action4cover002.jpg

#6 22 graded 8 restored 4 unrestored books grade higher than my copy and it's tied with 1 other in the same grade.

action6001.jpg

#11 18 graded 6 restored 4 unrestored books grade higher than my copy and it's tied with two others in the same grade.

action11and104001.jpg

They are beautiful! :applause:

I have always loved the cover of #6! I want to believe that's Jimmy behind the bushes, although it's not him.

I should also probably take a better picture of my #4 white pager hm

I have no idea, I find stuff that I have/had...that is scarce ..usually after I trade it;)

This one is listed as scarce in Overstreet...

blueribbon9001.jpg

and this one is the highest graded by 2 points, or maybe 2.5, so it can't be common...

hit30002.jpg

action4cover002.jpg

action6001.jpg

action11and104001.jpg

They are beautiful! :applause:

I have always loved the cover of #6! I want to believe that's Jimmy behind the bushes, although it's not him.

I should also probably take a better picture of my #4 white pager hm

Thanks! :)

I would like to see your #3 and #4

For me, this one was a bit tough to find. Listed as a Gerber 8 and is the only copy on the census. How about it, Fiction House collectors? Rare? (shrug)

rangers2cgc.jpg

I bought one at the Weiss Auction last year, because your's was the only one on the census...thehumantorch now has it...

Never saw another, nice to see that one:)