• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess where he's been 2

39 posts in this topic

Some more pictures and background info/commentary from Gary of Ian's uber- collection. He mentioned that he neglected to talk about storage, but Ian can fill in for that bit. Please forgive the fact that the images are via links (my fault, not gp's)!

Over to Gary...................

The slight colour problems that exist on some of the pictures are a result of the lighting conditions in Ian's library. There is no natural light, only a set of overhead strip lights and the mylites tend to reflect this. To combat this, I had to adjust the light settings, but I'm not a photographer and the camera is a low to mid end digital. Thanks to Red and Dice for clearing up the first set for us.

"There is a degree of duplication in the 4 book shots here. The third in particular is covered largely in the other pictures, except it has the best shots of the New Fun issues which are about as rare as they come.

"When I first saw the collection I commented that it didn't look like 30000+ comics! It obviously was, but having only ever stored a few thousand in cumbersome short boxes, it's amazing what you can do in a purposely designed facility. The aisle space is quite narrow and the shelves go back a long way and getting a decent image here was very difficult, but the 2 shown give some idea of the layout.

"As well as this room, Ian has other material spread throughout the house and it's amazing what's lying around quite casually. The two issues of the Cancelled Comics Cavalcade certainly caught my eye!"

OK, thanks for that. Now here are the links:

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/readersandkeepers/Ian_Levine_008.jpg

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/readersandkeepers/Ian_Levine_025.jpg

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/readersandkeepers/Ian_Levine_072.jpg

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/readersandkeepers/Ian_Levine_085.jpg

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/readersandkeepers/Ian_Levine_100.jpg

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/readersandkeepers/Ian_Levine_102.jpg

Some more pictures and background info/commentary from Gary of Ian's uber- collection. He mentioned that he neglected to talk about storage, but Ian can fill in for that bit. Please forgive the fact that the images are via links

Thankyou Andy for posting them up.

But it doesn't explain what actually happened to Gary.

Please tell us why he quit.

Some more pictures and background info/commentary from Gary of Ian's uber- collection. He mentioned that he neglected to talk about storage, but Ian can fill in for that bit. Please forgive the fact that the images are via links

He thought things were getting a bit too intense around here, the last thread where he posted notwithstanding. He's only taking a sabbatical from the boards (like bronzebruce or even JC) for this reason and also because he also felt he was spending too much time here. He'll be back in a while - it ain't g'bye, more au revoir.

He thought things were getting a bit too intense around here, the last thread where he posted notwithstanding. He's only taking a sabbatical from the boards (like bronzebruce or even JC) for this reason and also because he also felt he was spending too much time here. He'll be back in a while - it ain't g'bye, more au revoir.

Well, please tell him for me that I appreciate the great photos, always like his posts and look forward to welcoming him back on his return! acclaim.gif

ian, do u have kids youre planning to pass your collection onto when u die?

Nope.

At the moment, my Mother gets them all, as I owe her a fortune anyway.

Ian, would you ever consider adopting a 49 year old son? 893whatthe.gif I'm available. 27_laughing.gif

geez, and I thought I had a collection!! makepoint.gif

Well, please tell him for me that I appreciate the great photos, always like his posts and look forward to welcoming him back on his return! acclaim.gif

thumbsup2.gif Will do, Red!

ian, do u have kids youre planning to pass your collection onto when u die?

Nope.

At the moment, my Mother gets them all, as I owe her a fortune anyway.

Why does the movie "Comic Book Villians" enter my mind.

Tell your Mother to watch out for a guy named "Chuck". gossip.gif

Great shots of your collection. I hope you complete it, Ian.