• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confessions of a Marvel Guy

11 posts in this topic

After all the sorting, scanning, and bagging, I've had a chance to really, really look at all the stuff I've been collecting for the last few years. I started out as an Avengers guy who picked up Defenders and Marvel Team-up, too. I branched out into ASM and X-men and most any Bronze Age Marvel title that was interesting or underappreciated. I've accumulated more Marvel books than most successful retail outlets.

I never thought I would say it, but they all pale in comparison to the Golden Age books I've collected. Even a ragged GA book is so cool to look at and appreciate. The high-grade stuff is so incredible that I want more.

I guess I am a convert.

And it's all of your faults for showing me so many incredible books.

Having seen how cheap low grade SA is selling for these days, I might stop collecting GA and collect SA ... NAH! Too easy.

A welcome hardly seems fit considering the books you've already purchased for your GA collection so accept our deepest thanks for keeping GA prices up :D

After all the sorting, scanning, and bagging, I've had a chance to really, really look at all the stuff I've been collecting for the last few years. I started out as an Avengers guy who picked up Defenders and Marvel Team-up, too. I branched out into ASM and X-men and most any Bronze Age Marvel title that was interesting or underappreciated. I've accumulated more Marvel books than most successful retail outlets.

I never thought I would say it, but they all pale in comparison to the Golden Age books I've collected. Even a ragged GA book is so cool to look at and appreciate. The high-grade stuff is so incredible that I want more.

I guess I am a convert.

We do what we can (thumbs u

Funny...I'm thinking of cutting my losses and trading off my golden age for some run-of-the-mill, high grade bronze age Marvels. hm

I guess I am a convert.

+1 (thumbs u

I guess I am a convert.

I concur whole-heartedly (thumbs u

Funny...I'm thinking of cutting my losses and trading off my golden age for some run-of-the-mill, high grade bronze age Marvels. hm

Strange you should say that.

I've got a frew hundred high-grade undercopies that I'm trying to decide how to move. I'll be glad to make trades!

I guess I am a convert.

This is a complete surprise :o

Welcome to the Club! (thumbs u

:gossip: I still love SA and BA, just don't have enough money to get all the books I want.

I am hoping that you Marvel Guys will spread your money around to purchase DC, Ace, MLJ, S and S, ME, Harvey, Fawcett and Famous Funnies golden age too. They are all pretty good. Timely golden age is over-priced but nice to have. Forgot to mention Avon, Continental, Dell, Hillman and St. Johns.

bb