• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTA Collectibles Nov 30th SPECIALS: Young Allies #16, ASM #17, Batman #234

21 posts in this topic

Here are the Forum guidelines. Please take note of points 3, 4 and 5. This isn't the first time you've done this.

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

List your books only once, and in the appropriate sub-forum. Incorrectly placed threads or books posted in multiple places will be moved. Repeat offenders will have their threads pulled completely.

It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

:ohnoez:

:gossip: You may want to check listing guidelines for the site. For example, I believe that these books are listed on your retail website when anything listed in this sales forum must be exclusive only to here :juggle:

Anyway the guidelines are in place to ensure a smooth transaction for both parties and minimize the risk of bad transactions. Anyway, you should review them and then modify the listing accordingly (thumbs u

Good luck with your sale,

SE

To clarify what these folks are saying:

Unless the books are not available to be purchased by anyone else outside the boards, this listing does not belong in this section of the Sales Forum.

If the books are available to outsiders, it is proper for you to put the listing under the following sub-forum:

Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers, etc

Thanks for thinking of us.

Hmmm, I'm new and I really am not trying to circumvent any rules here. I looked through these guidelines and thought that I had complied. These books are exclusively offered here at these prices and you must only contact us directly (not go through an outside website) to purchase them. Anyone want to help a newbie out and let me know exactly what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks!

Hmmm, I'm new and I really am not trying to circumvent any rules here. I looked through these guidelines and thought that I had complied. These books are exclusively offered here at these prices and you must only contact us directly (not go through an outside website) to purchase them. Anyone want to help a newbie out and let me know exactly what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks!

If you're offering them exclusively here, make that clear in your post, and post the scans of the books and their prices in the thread itself. Don't provide any links with any other website or promotion, and make sure that the items in question are not available via any other venue. Include terms and conditions, including shipping, at the beginning of the thread, and complete the transaction with buyers via PM.

And you're good to go. (thumbs u

Yep! To list here any other listings must be removed (individual retail sites, eBay listings, etc.). Also, links to outside sites to promote/facilitate purchases is also disallowed. Just read through those guidelines and edit the original post to accommodate them (thumbs u

I literally removed these from our site 5 minutes after posting this. You all are too fast for me! At any rate the problem is solved. Thanks for the helpful advice.

We are a friendly bunch once you get to know us. :grin::foryou:

Having seen your ebay listings for many years, I'm a bit intrigued that a number of your golden age books have the Bonnett's stamp on them like this YA 16 does. Is there a story behind your coming to own so many at once?

My father loved to stop by Bonnett's and pick through his treasures every time he traveled to Dayton, mostly to attend the PulpCon. Over the years he accumulated quite a few of the Golden-Age back issues he had (in addition to pulps, silver age, magazines, etc.) and as you can see Bonnett was in the habit of stamping nearly every book.

Back in the 70's and 80's my father published catalogs regularly, and these catalogs not only offered a great mix of comics but cool layout and art as well. Usually he would have one of his comic artist friends draw something up to be added into the layout of the catalog. When we were having someone design our website we wanted to have something tie the look and feel into the past of DTA Collectibles. So I was rummaging through old catalogs and original art and I found some great stuff Robert Williams had drawn, as well as this "Space-girl" piece by William Stout drawn for a "Special Blend" catalog we released in the late 1970's. Our web designer simply colored it up and incorporated it into our current motif.