• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your top ten golden age acquisitions in 2010?

308 posts in this topic

Here's my top ten from this year. Hard to narrow it down to ten, but this does it and pretty nicely captures my current interests in its balance. Here's to more sweet books in the year to come!

2010sm.jpg

Awesome books! :applause::cloud9:

x2

I can't quit staring at your Fight 42. Brilliant Coloring. (thumbs u

Here's my top ten from this year. Hard to narrow it down to ten, but this does it and pretty nicely captures my current interests in its balance. Here's to more sweet books in the year to come!

2010sm.jpg

Not only is this a great batch of books but you also get a huge (thumbs u for the composition of the post.

I am primarily a bronze collector but I did get one golden age book in 2010 that was on my grail list.

UncleScrooge1CGC94W.jpg

Congrats. That's purty (thumbs u

...Thanks for the kind words, all!

Let me add a few too Jon - I'm glad to see you took time out from selling me a couple of my favourite pickups of the year to get some of your own. And what a great bunch they are. :golfclap:

...Thanks for the kind words, all!

Let me add a few too Jon - I'm glad to see you took time out from selling me a couple of my favourite pickups of the year to get some of your own. And what a great bunch they are. :golfclap:

Thank you Andrew. I was thinking about that as I posted my top ten composite... one would think from looking at it that I've been on the mother of all buying sprees this year... but I've never sold more books than this year either, to finance the Tec 35 and others.

(And neat sig counter, by the way! WDCS 1-100 is a goal that has certainly tempted me as well...) hm

Great books, Jon! Love them all, but especially the Hangman...I've been kind of looking for one of those for a few years!

Ditto - great books and a very pleasing selection Jon! - and can I have that Hangman please?

BTW that is a beautiful Fight , but it is worth saying that for some reason that issue does turn up more regularly than most with deep colors. No idea why...

2010sm.jpg

I missed this when you posted, .5. A selection of books close to my heart. You did great. What's on the horizon for 2011. Selling me a certain Rangers 9 for cheap? :wishluck:

Happy New Year!

Thanks to all for sharing all the great comics you found! Great to see the different tastes. Not a single comic on this thread I would kick out of the box!

Here's what I rustled up. Here are the stats:

10 of 10 - Less than $100

7 of 10 - Less than $50

5 of 10 - Less than $25

8 of 10 - Did not even know they existed before this year

7 of 10 - Not listed in Overstreet (one's British, so that's no surprise)

Alphabetically...

1. Baltimore Colts - Great Eisner sports promotional comic. TOUGH to find in condition. Still could use an upgrade, but was happy to get this.

107970.jpg.ac6c8cc63d393e24cc53032c076ea7d7.jpg

2. Barkers "Komic" Picture Souvenir - Issues 1 to 3 as a lot. These look as fresh and white as if they were printed yesterday. Had to use a magnifying glass to convince myself that they were indeed lithographically printed.

107971.jpg.32fc098904889f76eaa98471c9d291b4.jpg

107972.jpg.85e74cdc151d3861d7444fc9313351ac.jpg

107974.jpg.31597abdb290a2c273e2b9dbaa555aff.jpg

107976.jpg.b858ada5912109ce51b3bf318eef5462.jpg

107977.jpg.ec26536803e5cd66c79c1eb85d460221.jpg