• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holiday Sale at The Artist's Choice

67 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, Pete is probably correct. It sounds like an inside job by an UPS employee.

The large label with Captain America isn't very discrete. Anyone seeing the package can probably figure out there's something comic related in the package. While I have never had a problem, I do prefer a plain label.

If the art was stolen, I would recommend posting a pic of the pages on CAF stating whereabouts unknown in case they turn up. I recall a Sinestro cover being lost and then ended up being auctioned off on ebay by a legitimate package recovery firm months later. The art was returned to the original buyer after he returned the insurance proceeds.

Cheers!

N.

Unfortunately, Pete is probably correct. It sounds like an inside job by an UPS employee.

The large label with Captain America isn't very discrete. Anyone seeing the package can probably figure out there's something comic related in the package. While I have never had a problem, I do prefer a plain label.

If the art was stolen, I would recommend posting a pic of the pages on CAF stating whereabouts unknown in case they turn up. I recall a Sinestro cover being lost and then ended up being auctioned off on ebay by a legitimate package recovery firm months later. The art was returned to the original buyer after he returned the insurance proceeds.

Cheers!

N.

Wasn't there a thread last year about a package of high $$, early Detective Comics

that disappeared from a UPS sorting facility? Gator's books I think.

Ugh! to insider stealing at shipment outlets! The only time I had a package stolen was off the front porch (it faced the main street in full view of everyone and kids walking home from school), after that I placed notes for deliveries to be dropped off to the side of the house.

I cringe when I get shipments from hobby stores that have big logos or character designs that pretty much scream "Steal Me, I have some ridiculous toys and/or items in here.".

That's why i wrap everything I sell in plan ol' brown shipping paper.

Heh. Nevermind. It just showed up at my door!

lol

That's some response to a customer query.

bewitched.gif

For those still waiting for their shipment, I finally just received mine. Almost a full two months since original inquiry due to the backlog and holidays. Shipment from the AC receipt of payment to arrival was just a bit under two weeks.

Next sale I'll remember to place my order the first day!