• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

major auction of cgc graded on dec 16th 11 am eastern WELL WORTH A LOOK

66 posts in this topic

hi all just wanted to let you know that i am disposing of my entire collection on the 16th dec , i have many high grade cgc items amongst the collection and the rest of the grading is perfect, the auction is on the 16th dec , can be viewed at http://www.dominicwinter.co.uk

amongst the items are 5 mile high issues of crime and punisment , detective 27 , batman one superman one , amazing spider man huge run from one and lots more its well worth a look and mainly sold with no reserve

There are actually some nice books in the auction. But it seems that there are a lot of fees for us foreign (American) bidders, and who knows what's going to happen with the shipping. If you would've consigned these books to an US auction house it would have been a lot better. There are a lot more Americans and Canadians that are interested in these books than Britons. Just saying.

There are a lot more Americans and Canadians that are interested in these books than Britons. Just saying.

There are one or two of us about. (thumbs u

i keep getting asked what the reserves are , the books are there to be sold and usual auction guidelines will prevail

Probably to know if the "hassel" of being an overseas buyer is worth it +buyers premium,"outside shipping company" fee's,ect,and also since it's not a live internet auction,what type of bids are going to be a waste of time....just my thoughts.

I know i'm interested in a few books,and have wondered how high the reserve is,then add 17%+ for premium/CC use and/or bank transfer fee's if thats used..thats $45 for an international bank to bank trans....the fee's start adding up,if the reserve is even close to actual value,the fee's take it way over....just my 2c

You say the books are there to be sold...i'm going to take that as the reserve is set low.

and your bank is having you over i have a hsbc in nyc and when i wire outside usa it$20

Hey,I was wrong about the live internet auction...that i see now.

The rest,not so much...

Bank of America is $45 for International Wire transfer.

Also...per the auction house.

1)By credit card: A surcharge of 2% will be added if you pay by credit card.Overseas customers please note that debit cards drawn on an overseas bank also incur a 2% surcharge (for the full invoice amount inclusive of postage and insurance etc).

2) If you are overseas we will provide you with contact details of our reliable shippers.One slabbed comic to the USA our charge is £25 ($39.75) for postage and 1% of hammer price for insurance.

3)Hammer price, Buyer's premium, Postage & Insurance

As a very rough rule of thumb for every ONE POUND hammer price you spend this will work out at a final bill of slightly under TWO US dollars to get your purchase all the way to your home.(Hammer price, Buyer's premium, Postage & Insurance) There are no import charges or further taxes.

4)I'm reading that does not include the 2% CC fee.

OR Lots purchased online with www.the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge of 3.53% of the hammer price.

OR Bank Transfer ($20-$45 From senders end + (please add £7 to your payment ($11)).

I don't see Paypal as an option listed anywhere either to avoid any International payment fee's..

As a very rough rule of thumb for every ONE POUND hammer price you spend this will work out at a final bill of slightly under TWO US dollars to get your purchase all the way to your home.(Hammer price, Buyer's premium, Postage & Insurance) There are no import charges or further taxes.

Sorry, having trouble following along...are you saying that for every 1 Pound I spend it will cost an additional $2US after all is said and done?

???

Sorry, having trouble following along...are you saying that for every 1 Pound I spend it will cost an additional $2US after all is said and done?

???

That's what it sounds like.

???

And 1 pound is roughly $2US isn't it? so double the price of whatever I bid to get it over here?

EDIT: Maybe he means take the pound number and double it to get $US price...so if a book costs 100 pounds, it means it will cost $200 US.

Even if it isn't that it sounds like an absolutely ridiculous amount of fees to pay...17-18% buyer premium, additional percentages for using a credit card (illegal if I'm not mistaken) blah blah

Additionally, we pay roughly 10% on whatever comes to Canada in the way of customs fees as well.

:eek:

???

And 1 pound is roughly $2US isn't it? so double the price of whatever I bid to get it over here?

EDIT: Maybe he means take the pound number and double it to get $US price...so if a book costs 100 pounds, it means it will cost $200 US.

Even if it isn't that it sounds like an absolutely ridiculous amount of fees to pay...17-18% buyer premium, additional percentages for using a credit card (illegal if I'm not mistaken) blah blah

Additionally, we pay roughly 10% on whatever comes to Canada in the way of customs fees as well.

:eek:

Sounds like you need to do your maths before you decide what to bid.

Sounds like you need to do your maths before you decide what to bid.

True enough, it's just a little complicated with a multitude of additional fees to work into the final price.