• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

major auction of cgc graded on dec 16th 11 am eastern WELL WORTH A LOOK

66 posts in this topic

How did the Avengers #2 go for ridiculous money and how could it have gone cheaper?

Did any proxi bids immediately go for full bid price (ie no bid increment)?

R.

No idea.Maybe that was the reserve,and 1 bid?

All i know is GPA on 8.5 is $850+ area,i sold mine at GPA high last year at $1100...$2k + is way high.

Unless someone thought the book looked more like a 9.0+

(shrug)

Yea..that's possible...hope so as at that price it's Full Gpa for 9.0($1750).....or slightly higher depending on fee's.

The Avengers 2 was a postal bid and started at £1000 ( I guess a collector wanted it bad (shrug) )

That was the first time I've joined a live auction (by net). It was fun. I was optimistically looking for a steal on some of the books with low estimates compared to GPA (ASM #25 9.4, Avengers #1) but luckily for the seller pretty much everything reached close to FMV (once you add commission).

The Avengers #2 was baffling. Straight in at double GPA.

That was the first time I've joined a live auction (by net). It was fun. I was optimistically looking for a steal on some of the books with low estimates compared to GPA (ASM #25 9.4, Avengers #1) but luckily for the seller pretty much everything reached close to FMV (once you add commission).

I actually picked up 7 lots, 5 of which were under GPA after fees. Since the CGC grades were pretty variable, I'm just hoping that the ones I got are reasonably decent for the assigned grade.

I'm really curious who the Avengers # 2 winner was, crazy price. :insane:

Did you pick up anything, James?

I actually picked up 7 lots, 5 of which were under GPA after fees. Since the CGC grades were pretty variable, I'm just hoping that the ones I got are reasonably decent for the assigned grade.

I'm really curious who the Avengers # 2 winner was, crazy price. :insane:

Did you pick up anything, James?

Didn't win anything. I was only scouting for potential flips, so only bid about 30% below GPA. I'm not buying for myself for keeps at the moment. Just trying to pay off debts, and a little flipping on the side is a fun way to earn a little extra here and there :)

Did you get some cool stuff then?