• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Variant or Not

5 posts in this topic

I submitted an Avengers V3 #77 newstand variant but it was rejected as a variant. Yet the equivalent Uncanny X-men 423 is labeled as a newstand variant. Scans of the various versions are below. There is also a similar situation with the Fantastic Four registry set. FF V3 #60 is a 9-cent regular cover with the newstand variant lebeled by CGC as a Price Variant.

I know it is hardly a big deal but I spent a lot of time tracking the Avengers variant down and think it ought to be labeled as a Newstand Variant just like the UXM 423 is.

Avengers V3 #77 Regular Cover

AvenV377FC.jpg

Avengers V3 #77 Newstand Variant

AvenV377varFC.jpg

UXM 423 Regular Cover

X-men423FC.jpg

UXM 423 Newstand Variant

X-men423varFC.jpg

• Administrator

We will now recognize the Avengers v3 #77 Newsstand Variant. If you would like to submit your comic for correction, we will add this designation to the label.

There is an intermediate variant for the Avengers V3 #77. It sports an 'only 50 cents' medallion like the regular issue but it carries a $2.99 UPC box. I understand these were sold at military posts. Will CGC label this as a variant?