• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can This Forum Have Better Scan/Graphic Interface?

13 posts in this topic

I noticed that like me, most posters have no idea how to enter a scan on this forum without spending an hour or so (or an entire Saturday evening!). I think the content of this forum would greatly benefit from an easier scan entry function.

Graphics/scans of many of the key Marvels and other books would greatly improve many collectors understanding of grade designations provided by CGC, and would encourage a more elaborate discussion of defects allowed under various grades.

Any ideas?

It's really a pretty easy procedure to attach a file, if that's what you're looking for. There is a size limitation there and the file doesn't display in-line, which is a problem. If you're talking about embedding an image into a post with a much larger (read: useful) size limit, that's relatively easy too, but it would be a HUGE resource drain on an already slow system.

The best way to display images in your posts is to "link" to an image you have up on your own website/webspace. In order for you to copy an image from your hard drive to here, the board administrators would have to "host" the image, and eventually that would take up way too many resources (this is why they have the 70 kb limit on attachments). Most internet providers give subscribers 2-5MB of webspace, so if you can figure out how to use it, you're in business. But just to illustrate the beauty of enhanced image support, here's one of the two best known copies (9.4) of my favorite silver/bronze age horror cover - enjoy! grin.gif

dc494a.jpg

if anyone is wondering what artsy types are talking about when they talk about so-and-so's masterful use of "chiaroscuro", that cover illustrates the technique perfectly. What a classic.

Yeah, basically. In italian, it means "light- dark" and that's exactly what you get with it- high contrast lighting creating areas of extreme light and shadow that define form. It's very dramatic.

Hey Banner, you were just waiting for an opportunity to showcase that, weren't you?

Very nice book, and this is coming from a Marvel Silver zombie.

Are those bronze-aged DC horror books a good read?