• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine: The Best There Is posted by Comic Clint

1 post in this topic

One of the best wolverine books I've read in a LONG LONG TIME.

Wolverine The Best There Is is NOT only one of the best Wolverine books Ive read in a while it is one of the best books PERIOD. So often i find myself at the Local comic book shop wendsday afternoon, looking down at yet another Wolverine One-Shot. Oh I think Not another one. For some reason though, I always flip through it to see what t he interior art looks like. When I picked this one up a couple weeks ago, those same thoughts ran through my mind. I opened up the book and thought, why do I put myself through this? when I saw the art my eyes lit up.....like that little boy on Christmas day getting his very first puppy, bb gun, bicycle or when we first encountered the joy of escaping into one of those newspaper print comics so many of us enjoyed. Much to my surprise, I enjoyed this book cover to cover. Ryp's art has always enthralled me as a fellow artist and he doesn't disappoint in this one. This was the first book Ive read written by Houston, I THINK, but he too did a bang up job of keeping my interest.

The book actually had a No Hero (avatar comics) vibe about it. After thoroughly examining each page I would flip hastily to the next only to bask in its Awesomness.

I dont know for sure but I believe this is the first books that Ryp has done for Marvel. And if it is, I cant believe it took Disney buying them in order to get him on board. To top it off, they have him working with a writer that fits his drawing talents PERFECTLY! I am eagerly awaiting the next issue of this one and I am finally EXCITED about a Wolverine book again!!!

GOOD JOB DISNEY

See more journals by Comic Clint