• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Gobbledygook #1 and/or #2 Club!
5 5

236 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, whetteon said:

really? I thought you were an owner of the issues. Huh, when you been around this forum for as long as you and I, you tend to get people confused.

Did you ever sell that TMNT 1 second print? 

Just now, whetteon said:

Yes. I sold it for the $2k I was asking. It was a great deal for me and I think the new owner as well.

Cool. I was intrigued what sketches were inside. 

6 minutes ago, nubis said:

Just got these back from CGC. Thanks to Kevin Eastman for authenticating and signing. :-)

image0.jpeg

woo hoo! Such coolness, mine are somehow in the 2nd Eastman batch in 3-4 weeks :( but vicariously I shall live until then! :headbang: 

Congrats! sigh of relief :x 

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

woo hoo! Such coolness, mine are somehow in the 2nd Eastman batch in 3-4 weeks :( but vicariously I shall live until then! :headbang: 

Yes, I heard about the second signing. I registered for the Eastman event within an hour of it going live. He's such a nice guy it's great to participate in his success. May the grading Gods be with you. I feel like the grading on the #2 was a little harsh, but I can't complain too much. Feeling grateful to have these copies certified. B|

Edited by nubis

2 minutes ago, nubis said:

Yes, I heard about the second signing. I registered for the Eastman event within an hour of it going live. He's such a nice guy it's great to participate in his success. May the grading Gods be with you. I feel like the grading on the #2 was a little harsh, but I can't complain too much. Feeling grateful to have these copies certified. B|

amen I'm trying to be patient, mine were delivered to cgc for the signing in Dec 2020 and Jan 2021, but I'm still in the 2nd batch somehow :wishluck: it's the waiting! 

Maybe they were a bit harsh it looks like, but still, it's secured now and able for full enjoyment, to know that he had to look at yours specifically to authenticate :x 

If I had come back to comics a bit earlier, I may have had shot at them, still coolness!

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

amen I'm trying to be patient, mine were delivered to cgc for the signing in Dec 2020 and Jan 2021, but I'm still in the 2nd batch somehow :wishluck: it's the waiting! 

Maybe they were a bit harsh it looks like, but still, it's secured now and able for full enjoyment, to know that he had to look at yours specifically to authenticate :x 

If I had come back to comics a bit earlier, I may have had shot at them, still coolness!

They are definitely a 'blue chip' level collectible with the certification done. They will always be rare. :-)

On 3/23/2021 at 7:59 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So CGC is "Authenticating" what? The first page sig? (shrug)

Is CGC authenticating like CBCS now?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
30 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

So CGC is "Authenticating" what? The first page sig? (shrug)

Is CGC authenticating like CBCS now?

No they're not, why?

Ah I see where you're quoting from, cgc still calls the witnessed sig the authentication process, that person's gobble gook was a witnessed signature and he just happened to call it "authenticatimg'

1 minute ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

The statement @nubis posted - Just got these back from CGC. Thanks to Kevin Eastman for authenticating and signing. :-)

Just perhaps a poor choice of words on his part, but I see how that can be confusing :foryou:

On 3/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, nubis said:

Just got these back from CGC. Thanks to Kevin Eastman for authenticating and signing. :-)

image0.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

The statement @nubis posted - Just got these back from CGC. Thanks to Kevin Eastman for authenticating and signing. :-)

ooh ooh now that I've had some coffee!

Nubis meant that Eastman did the authenticating of the GOBBLEGOOK books, to determine they were real (thumbsu 

If Eastman didn't authenticate the books cgc wouldn't grade those certain gobblegook books, also Eastman says they're real gobblegook books by signing them...

whew lol I had just got some coffee for the first time this morning lol:foryou: Anyway I hope that helps :tink: 

1 minute ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Ahhhh, that makes sense. I was wondering what he meant. Thanks for the added details.

It's kind of like cerebus #1 in bronze, a hot book too, but there are fakes of it unless the creator looks at it and signs it as an "authentic cerebus 1"..... So those two books I know are like that and not sure if there are more