• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Gobbledygook #1 and/or #2 Club!
5 5

236 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2021 at 6:10 AM, SpideyFein said:

Yes, I'm number 211 of 500 lol I'm curious on these though- were these created after TMNT 1 dropped, got hot and sold out? That would be the only logical explanation. I know there were some counterfeits of TMNT 1, but not like this.   

I bought these in the CGC SS case signed by Eastman! LOL

On 1/20/2024 at 7:37 PM, Christian Jude said:

I just bought the 1st two sets of Gobbldygook #1 and #2 (Yellow) graded in the history of the CGC Census. #1 is a 7.0 CGC SS Signed by Eastman and the #2 is a 7.5 CGC SS Signed by Eastman. Both were sold as a set on E-Bay for $7,500 with a best offer. These are the ONLY two counterfeit issues on the census. Selling for $7,500 Shipped PPGS. 

Gobbledygook1ss.jpg

Gobbledygook2ss.jpg

These didn't just sell on mycomicshop last night?

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=60135465

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=60135477

On 1/20/2024 at 8:33 PM, Ryan. said:

They sure did! They went for a steal. I’m mad I didn’t win them back! I was watching the non-counterfeit #1 and when I scrolled back- BAM. 

On 1/20/2024 at 7:42 PM, Christian Jude said:

I bought these in the CGC SS case signed by Eastman! LOL

$7500 is quite the mark up! I did sell these on ebay on 11/22 for less. I had put them up for a wild price because I didn’t want to sell but needed the dough. I think the market now spoke on the value. I’m surprised!

The guy who bought them off of me must have immediately consigned them with mycomicshop. I think having them in the auction with the originals hurt them. 

On 1/21/2024 at 12:55 PM, SpideyFein said:

They sure did! They went for a steal. I’m mad I didn’t win them back! I was watching the non-counterfeit #1 and when I scrolled back- BAM. 

Yup. I should have gone after them more aggressively.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:55 AM, SpideyFein said:

$7500 is quite the mark up! I did sell these on ebay on 11/22 for less. I had put them up for a wild price because I didn’t want to sell but needed the dough. I think the market now spoke on the value. I’m surprised!

The guy who bought them off of me must have immediately consigned them with mycomicshop. I think having them in the auction with the originals hurt them. 

I actually just posted them for sale at $7,500 on FB and my SHOP on FB and all the groups. There has been so much hate on social media toward my sales price because people can't see that they were bought for $5,500 on E-Bay (Bought quickly too) because they were sold together and not reported to GPA!!! I also provide financing. I do lots of analysis during the larger auctions and scour the web for data to make purchases. I was lucky to fin the SOLD data on this set. I love MyComicShop as I can buy with zero fees and zero taxes. I found that sale on E-Bay and wondered if it was a "fake" sale just to boost the auction values. I took a risk and we will see. Glad to hear it was a real sale. Please reach out to me on FB at Jude Snowboarder. So many people on Facebook are saying they are worthless as they are counterfeits. I told them they are 2nd prints and variants! LOL. I think I got a steal just because people are so ignorant on these counterfeits. They have a real place in the Comic Community history of TMNT. I could not resist. I was collecting during the 80s and have multiple 1st prints of #3-#10 and Raphael #1. Got them all slabbed and signed by Eastman. Took me two years with the CGC Magazine size slab delays. But my #3 came back a 9.8 CGC SS!!! Still need the elusive #1 and #2. As for the guy who put them up on MCS? What was he thinking? Selling right after Christmas when everyone was broke? And those Large Auctions provide steals because there is only so much $ to go around and these counterfeits went on sale day 3 (Right after a huge Heritage Auction). Many of the  buyers had already spent their budget. I was wondering if he died and his family was selling quickly as many of the books I bid on just "happened" to have a recent Jan sale? No idea what he was thinking. 

On 1/21/2024 at 5:44 PM, Christian Jude said:

I told them they are 2nd prints and variants

But they aren't. 

On 1/21/2024 at 5:44 PM, Christian Jude said:

As for the guy who put them up on MCS? What was he thinking? Selling right after Christmas when everyone was broke? 

Many consignors, including myself, did very well in this auction. A lot of strong prices. $1300 for the pair is likely closer to the true market value than $5500 or $7500.

On 1/21/2024 at 3:53 PM, Ryan. said:

Many consignors, including myself, did very well in this auction. A lot of strong prices. $1300 for the pair is likely closer to the true market value than $5500 or $7500.

We will see but I sell to clients directly and none of my sales get reported to GPA so it will never be known publicly. I was already offered more than what I spent.  

On 1/21/2024 at 6:21 PM, Christian Jude said:

We will see but I sell to clients directly and none of my sales get reported to GPA so it will never be known publicly. I was already offered more than what I spent.  

Good luck with the sale. I would personally wait until I had them in hand before offering them for resale, just in case something happens. Incidentally, MCS does report to GPA, I believe. 

On 2/4/2024 at 2:51 PM, Christian Jude said:

Hey Dan, I could swear I saw the inside pics of these books somewhere with the fake name and 211 of 500. Do you have those pics somewhere? 

I have a couple of the yellow counterfeits with the fake signature and numbering on the interior. You can see them here.