• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics 31

55 posts in this topic

I was looking throught the Gerber guide and saw the cover for Fight Comics 31.I had two questions about this book.

Is it just the cool cover thing or is it really that scarce.

Also what does it generally sell for?Double guide?Triple?

Tahnks for any help

Dennis

I sold mine on the boards in January, 2010, for 3.5X Overstreet in 16 minutes.

If I recall correctly you sold to buy another collection?

Sold it to have play money in Paris with the wife for our 20th anniversary. Would do it again!

Absolutely.How many times do you get to paris!

Absolutely.How many times do you get to Paris!

I've stopped counting :shrug:

Exactly. Any day of the week you can pick up the phone and get a flight to Paris. Can you do the same for a Fight 31? Case closed. :sumo:

Here's the Heritage "red" copy mentioned earlier in this thread:

fightcomics31b.jpg

Respect! FMV? Well. I was the under bidder on this beauty, so I guess that set the benchmark. I doubt the 9.2 has better colors - if it's like my #31 I'd consider it less desirable than this Pinnacle Hill!

Anyway, guys, I think the elephant in the room here is that all of the issues around this time are tough to get. There are more collectors who wan' 'em than there are decent copies around. Are they truly scarce when compared, say, to a Pep #34?

Well, unless you are Gator, I'd say not.

As for deep reds, I think that added factor does truly put us in scarce to rare territory! I regard my bilious #31 (about 7.5) as no more than a placeholder, and I'd gladly trade it for a 6.0 with colors that pop!

What I find so difficult about Fiction House with faded colors is that no matter how high the grade structurally, if the colors dont "pop" the cover simply doesnt work as intended.

fightcomics31b.jpg

As for deep reds, I think that added factor does truly put us in scarce to rare territory! I regard my bilious #31 (about 7.5) as no more than a placeholder, and I'd gladly trade it for a 6.0 with colors that pop!

When you decide to sell that 7.5 "placeholder," give me a call.

fightcomics31b.jpg

Beautiful copy. Census says there is only one nicer, at 9.2 out there. Wonder what FMV on that one is? (shrug)

$3.50 (shrug)

If only we knew to whom it belongs? :whistle:

fightcomics31b.jpg

Beautiful copy. Census says there is only one nicer, at 9.2 out there. Wonder what FMV on that one is? (shrug)

$3.50 (shrug)

If only they would post it. :baiting:

fightcomics31b.jpg

$3.50 (shrug)

If only they would sell it to me. :busy:

fightcomics31b.jpg

$3.50 (shrug)

If only they would sell it to me. :busy:

If only I'd bid higher...

Another thing to note about the 31 is that very few seem to have really deep colors. If I remember correctly the 8.5 had really nice reds, which is probably why it did so well.

Unfortunately with Fiction House, the true reds often show up as pale orange. Still, ANY Fight 31 in grade will command many multiples of guide. How many high grade copies are out there regardless of color strike? (shrug)

Do you mean other than the horde you own?

:roflmao: