• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what ever happened to Lighthouse, anyway?

49 posts in this topic

WTF already. He's still on the probie list which says to me that all is not right with Lighthouse. Kudos for donating those books to the troops but something inside me says that you should have sent the books people paid for to them instead of giving them away.

I do believe LH had cleared his debts as far as books and money owed. He mucked up badly but facts are facts as far as that goes.

Why wasn't LH removed from the probation list?

Dan

WTF already. He's still on the probie list which says to me that all is not right with Lighthouse. Kudos for donating those books to the troops but something inside me says that you should have sent the books people paid for to them instead of giving them away.

I do believe LH had cleared his debts as far as books and money owed. He mucked up badly but facts are facts as far as that goes.

Why wasn't LH removed from the probation list?

Dan

Here ya go.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=2425911&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=probation+lighthouse&topic=0&Search=true#Post2425911

.....i'm kind of numb from this whole thread,...Ligthouse was one of the most liked members on this board,...and then the caca hit the fan,....all I know is that a lot of my friends here had to go to great lengths to get their money back,...some of those people became so disillusioned by the affair that they never really came back to the boards,....

.....a lot of people want to blame Ewert as the main cause of the end and loss of the age of innocence on theses boards,....I disagree,...it happedned with House,...cause he was one of our own,... :sorry:

Anybody want to take bets on how long it will be before Lighthouse starts posting on the "For Sale" board? :takeit:

What's he gonna sell? Girl Scout Cookies???? He's dumped, donated, or liquidated damn near everything in 2 states over 2 years ago now. I would not presume to know exactly what makes Lighthouse tick, despite knowing him off and on for 20 years since college. I've been on the receiving end of his unfathomable flakiness when it comes to paying debts, as well as his consideration and generosity, and even more frequent stretches of silence. He's an odd duck. (But he likes his Ducks!)

However, I do get the feeling that some little switch has gone off in his head, maybe just hitting 40 makes you re-evaluate one's self and situation. At the very least, I think he's more concerned about repairing himself as a person than simply repairing his sellers reputation. He knows he's done here, and he misses the camaraderie much more than the comics. hm