• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please add this flake to your eBay Blocked bidder's list.

196 posts in this topic

Liked the way he got all pious and sanctimonious one minute and the next threw his toys out of the pram.

Anyway, most bidders can read between the lines if it's just a lone neg out of hundreds. I recently bought a load of pre-code books from a seller with very low feedback who had the misfortune of being neg'd before he started selling his collection. Didn't affect prices in the least (in fact most books went for a premium), and all subsequent buyers were happy.

Not worried in the least about the negative, I was bound to run into an eBay pyscho at some point, but I am going to try and get it removed and I think eBay will not look kindly on the gent after he tried to back out of three transactions.

However, this nut deserves a special place in hell, and its a fight I'm fully prepared to wage to 1). get the Neg removed 2). warn other collectors of his practices and 3). take him to task for hiding behind his handicapped son and wife for being the reason he won't own up to his actions.

I really hope he doesn't think this is over just because he got to leave a Negative feedback.....the fun has just begun. :devil:

I'm not one to start one of these threads, as I'm generally willing to forgive a lone transgression. But three? C'mon!

Anyway, long story short. The ebay bidder project-rebirth has now bid on or BINed three of my books over the last three months (one back in October, and two in the past week).

The first one he decided to pass on because he didn't know what "professionally pressed" in the description meant, and decided to pass on the book after I explained it to him (post sale, BTW).

Okay, that's fine. He could've bothered to ask before buying the book, but whatever, if its a genuine concern, I'll let it go.

Last week, he buys another book from me, only to email me soon thereafter with this:

Hi, I wanted to contact you as soon as I realized a mistake was made. I had saved some of your books in my favorites file and my wife had mistakenly hit the buy it now (I think it was Friday) for this book although it was another of your books that I wanted to purchase.

I'm terribly sorry. Could we please agree to cancel this transaction for this book so that your ebay fee will be returned?

I hope you will also allow me to buy other books that I am interested in.

Again, I truly apologize for this inconvenience.

Again, being the kind-hearted sucker that I am, I cancel the transaction and get back to enjoying the holidays.

Yesterday, he bids on and wins another of my books. Today, I get this:

Thank you George.

I can't believe I'm bothering you with my problems. A family emergency with my step-son has just arisen. I have to be completely honest, I can't afford this book right now.

If you look at my feedback, I am a reliable buyer & never got myself into situations before. I've only been on ebay about 2 years. I buy all the books for my son & step-son (who has some medical issues.)

I'm having a rough few weeks with many things right now. I apologize deeply for involving you in my mess.

I'm not trying to make excuses & I understand if you are fed up with me (although, I have to say, you have been wonderful).

Again, I wanted to contact you immediately. I understand completely if you prefer that I no longer bother you with bidding on your books. I deserve it.

I have to ask if you will agree to mutually cancel this transaction so that you will be reimbursed for your ebay fee.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

In response, I send him this email:

Rob,

I think what I'm going to do is invoice you, and whether you decide to make good on payment is up to you. If you don't, eBay will issue you a non-paying bidder strike, which will remain on your account for at least 12 months and possibly affect your ability to bid on items.

While I'm not unsympathetic to issues you may or may not be experiencing in your life, the fact is this is the third time you've bought a book from me only to come up with some reason why you couldn't or wouldn't complete the transaction. Frankly, your inability to honor your commitments shouldn't be my (reoccurring) problem.

And yes, your ID will be added to my blocked bidder list. I will also make your eBay ID public on the CGC Forums as someone who has backed out of three legitimate eBay transactions, so you might find yourself unable to bid on books from other sellers as well considering how many of the prominent eBay sellers are Forum members.

Good luck to you,

George

And yes, he responded, and I won't bore you with anymore of it. Needless to say, I'm now the villain and he will pray for me. :eyeroll:

In any event, the guy has excellent feedback, but don't let that fool you....he is a flake of the first order.

Happy New Year! :whee:

You're much kinder that I am. As soon as I get a sense of trouble from a buyer they are blocked. Last Dude tried to parse my words (and incorrectly so) to claim I should be charging him $2 to ship 11 books from 11 different auctions instead of the $4 I invoiced him. Blocked. Another tells me one book in a 50 book of low grade books sold for a song has a page tear I didn't note. I offer him a compete refund if he returns all, or if he'd prefer I'd give a pro-rated refund of $0.50. Blocked.

I have had a few very good folks buy from me however. However, sometimes I fell selling on ebay must be some kind of subconscious desire for punishment.

Well, eBay has decided to do nothing other then investigate the buyer for his multiple cancellations. He is perfectly justified in leaving the feedback for me, because apparently not kowtowing to a buyer is grounds for negative feedback.

Again, if you haven't done so already, add this guy to your Blocked list....if you sell comics on eBay, you're open game for this schmuck. And Jay, you're right, I was too forgiving, that's my nature. And according to the eBay rep I spoked with, it was my fault for not putting the guy on my blocked list after the second time. Perhaps they are right, and I should've just saw this coming, but their refusal to acknowledge that their system is fundamentally flawed and biased is what really gets my goat.

Anyway, if I've spared a few dozen of you from having to go through a similar situation with this jerk-wipe, it will have been worth it.

What a lovely Christian thing for this clown to do. Isn't this is an interesting way to pray for someone?

TERRIBLE TRANSACTION. SELLER IS A LIAR & THEIF! STAY AWAY FROM THIS FOOL!

Christian guilt is quite the burden. Take it from a former alter boy. :(

Dear Project-Rebirth.

I know the seller the-comic-crypt, and he is a wonderful person that can be fantastic to work with. I am also aware of the situation where you purchased a few books and then informed him these were a mistake. The first time or two is understandable. A third time, and it becomes a habit that any seller would assume they are being toyed with.

As a fellow Christian, I hope you see the light and realize how you handled this was not very kind and caring. Once I became aware of your actions, I have since blocked you and informed Ebay why so they are aware of what you are doing.

If you are doing this as a game versus getting caught up in the moment, you should be ashamed of your non-Christian behavior. Otherwise, you may want to rethink your actions and work with this seller as you posted a negative to his account unfairly.

Reflect on your actions during prayer, and hopefully you will see the light.

Christian guilt is quite the burden. Take it from a former alter boy. :(

Dear Project-Rebirth.

I know the seller the-comic-crypt, and he is a wonderful person that can be fantastic to work with. I am also aware of the situation where you purchased a few books and then informed him these were a mistake. The first time or two is understandable. A third time, and it becomes a habit that any seller would assume they are being toyed with.

As a fellow Christian, I hope you see the light and realize how you handled this was not very kind and caring. Once I became aware of your actions, I have since blocked you and informed Ebay why so they are aware of what you are doing.

If you are doing this as a game versus getting caught up in the moment, you should be ashamed of your non-Christian behavior. Otherwise, you may want to rethink your actions and work with this seller as you posted a negative to his account unfairly.

Reflect on your actions during prayer, and hopefully you will see the light.

Wow. The effort and sentiment is greatly appreciated Bosco, though I'm not sure it'll do more then fall on deaf ears. (worship)

it was my fault for not putting the guy on my blocked list after the second time. Perhaps they are right, and I should've just saw this coming, but their refusal to acknowledge that their system is fundamentally flawed and biased is what really gets my goat.

Classic eBay. God forbid they'd have to actually mediate their site. :mad:

Well, eBay has decided to do nothing other then investigate the buyer for his multiple cancellations. He is perfectly justified in leaving the feedback for me, because apparently not kowtowing to a buyer is grounds for negative feedback.

Again, if you haven't done so already, add this guy to your Blocked list....if you sell comics on eBay, you're open game for this schmuck. And Jay, you're right, I was too forgiving, that's my nature. And according to the eBay rep I spoked with, it was my fault for not putting the guy on my blocked list after the second time. Perhaps they are right, and I should've just saw this coming, but their refusal to acknowledge that their system is fundamentally flawed and biased is what really gets my goat.

Anyway, if I've spared a few dozen of you from having to go through a similar situation with this jerk-wipe, it will have been worth it.

I put him on my block list the moment I first read this thread. Thanks again George for telling us your experience. More we know about bidders like this, the more problems we can avoid.

"I put him on my block list the moment I first read this thread. Thanks again George for telling us your experience. More we know about bidders like this, the more problems we can avoid."

+1

Thanks for the heads up.

Little does this m o r o n know the mess storm he's kicked up! lol

I never realized how many of the GOOD sellers on eBay are regular members here until I was looking a few weeks ago. Over a stupid little $140 book, he's ended up on the blocked list of some of the best sellers on eBay. I have a weird feeling he's gonna regret this BIGTIME when he sees that all he can bid on is drek city books in a few weeks (thumbs u

P.s- I'm still SHOCKED that all this is over a Captain America 147?!?!? ???

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about one negative. Anyone who frequents ebay knows that there are so many lunatics on there, that escape is impossible.

When I buy on ebay, I look at the sellers FB- if he has an extremely small % of negatives or neutral, and the response is written like that buyer left it- then I know most likely there's no worry.

its not the negs that worry me anymore on ebay. its the sellers with 100% feedback. i know that sounds weird but lately it seems that most of the sellers with perfect feedback run alot of scams.

Little does this m o r o n know the mess storm he's kicked up! lol

I never realized how many of the GOOD sellers on eBay are regular members here until I was looking a few weeks ago. Over a stupid little $140 book, he's ended up on the blocked list of some of the best sellers on eBay. I have a weird feeling he's gonna regret this BIGTIME when he sees that all he can bid on is drek city books in a few weeks (thumbs u

P.s- I'm still SHOCKED that all this is over a Captain America 147?!?!? ???

But its NOT over a Cap 147, its over the fact I wouldn't let him worm out of his third transaction. THAT's why he negged me. The book was inconsequential.

The feedback he left for me was also completely inappropriate, and if eBay decides they aren't willing to do anything over purposefully derogatory feedback that is in effect, libel, then its a reflection of where they have gone as a company.