• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

I happened to check out the FS thread this morning and saw the Micronauts 9.8W for sale...which immediately brought back flooding memories of this... :grin:

micronautsbattlecruiser.jpg

I remember desperately asking Santa for the Micronauts Battle Cruiser...I wanted it so badly...think my parents had to run all over looking for it, but there it was Christmas morning...and it was KICK AZZ! :cloud9: I loved this thing...especially the ship could fire the two side rockets and then had two smaller firing rockets that you could attach to the tail. Plus it was motorized...this was awsome...I played with it for years...although I did loose if for some time. You could pry off the orange heads of the rockets and essential fire the "sticks" --- they flew much faster and farther (essentially you could use the rocket launchers as hand guns :devil: ...all until I decided to shoot my younger brother...mom took 'em away for a while :cry:

Anyway, this was the best toy I ever had...what say you....PS anyone else have this beast!!!!!

I happened to check out the FS thread this morning and saw the Micronauts 9.8W for sale...which immediately brought back flooding memories of this... :grin:

micronautsbattlecruiser.jpg

I remember desperately asking Santa for the Micronauts Battle Cruiser...I wanted it so badly...think my parents had to run all over looking for it, but there it was Christmas morning...and it was KICK AZZ! :cloud9: I loved this thing...especially the ship could fire the two side rockets and then had two smaller firing rockets that you could attach to the tail. Plus it was motorized...this was awsome...I played with it for years...although I did loose if for some time. You could pry off the orange heads of the rockets and essential fire the "sticks" --- they flew much faster and farther (essentially you could use the rocket launchers as hand guns :devil: ...all until I decided to shoot my younger brother...mom took 'em away for a while :cry:

Anyway, this was the best toy I ever had...what say you....PS anyone else have this beast!!!!!

That thing was AWESOME!

The Kenner line of Star Wars (and foreign edition Palitoy/Lili Ledy/Toltoys) are by far the best, most incredibly designed production toys EVER.

The creative force of Lucas behind a toy line like the one produced between 1977-1985 is something that IMHO can never be topped.

I'll dig up some pics of stuff I've collected/kept over the years.

A shot of some loose ships, creatures and carded figures

loose_ships.jpg

I can't decide which I appreciate more - the toys or the packaging - just top-notch.

Carded.jpg

TIE Interceptor, Millenium Falcon and Dewback are among my favourites

TIE_Falcon_Dewback_MIB.jpg

Vaders ship is definitely up there as a favourite

Vader_MISB.jpg

For me the ultimate toy was the Fortress Navarone playset. Great detail, loads of fun.

Wow. I totally forgot I had that one as a kid as well. It was awesome.

http://chrisbaer.net/mp/2010/01/31/lost-toys-marx-toys-navarone-play-set/

I also loved this one as well. :cloud9:

3163_1_lg.jpg

My favourite toy as a kid was my GI Joes. These are not the ones I had a kid but what I have gotten back to replace the ones I lost when I was a kid. There all not complete yet but I am slowly getting there.

gijoe1.jpg

gijoe2.jpg

completedjoes1.jpg

My brother had star wars as a kid which I played with but never had my own. Recently a friend got a collection in and this was in it and is my favourite vehicle of their universe so I grabbed it. Just need to fix one piece on it to restore it.

starwars1.jpg

For me the ultimate toy was the Fortress Navarone playset. Great detail, loads of fun.

Wow. I totally forgot I had that one as a kid as well. It was awesome.

http://chrisbaer.net/mp/2010/01/31/lost-toys-marx-toys-navarone-play-set/

I also loved this one as well. :cloud9:

3163_1_lg.jpg

I had this fort when I was a kid but I am not positive since so long ago but I thought mine was the Lone Ranger set. I could be mistaken but I remember I had the Lone Ranger figures and such to go with it. Mine also had tower contraptions for each corner,