• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

Bag of Green Army Men

Couple packs of firecrackers

Can of WD-40

One lighter

Let the good times roll.

Unfortunately this is what i did to most all of my toys. Joes, turtles, He-man, even my thundercats. I specifically remember using superglue to make my turtles bodies water tight, filling them up with gasoline, lighting a small fire behind them and blasting them with a BB gun. This eventually evolved into doing the same thing with aerosol cans.

Pro tip: When you see a can of barbesol rocketing off into the woods spewing flaming foam, just go ahead and call the fire department right then.

I can almost taste the toxicity of all that burnt plastic. Yum!

Some of the "Micronauts" I found from a storage unit.

Absurdly awesome.

Love the colors.

Magnets are so great.

You can even make a Centaur out of the two.

Includes the instructions.

Missing one wheel piece.

Even the tracks/bands were included. They broke, but that's common.

Definitely one of my favorite pieces.

IMG_2263_zps4f23ad5b.jpg

Nice Pat! The Micronauts are a pretty neat toy line. Love to browse them if I ever see them at shows. One interesting tie-in to the Micronauts line was the Pac Toys Lords of Light. This line came to be just after the MEGO company dissolved, and utilized Micronaut parts, but were not based on existing Micronaut characters. The details are really scant and there's still a great deal of mystery surrounding how many were produced, but I had a chance to buy all four of the only known characters to exist, and the one reason why I didn't was because the blisters were badly yellowed. They are so rare, that I probably should have overlooked the blister condition that one time, because I doubt I'll ever find all four offered at once like that again. Here is how the Emperor Dementia MOC looks:

dementiacard.gif

Post some pics of that Battle Cruiser.

I don't think I've seen one.

I swear the Micronaut I posted looks like the pre-cursor to the villian in Toy Story.

I picked up some stuff today. Nothing too good.

I did get a 1986 Godzilla about 15" tall. Pretty neat, but worthless.

This guy was claiming all of this vintage stuff in his garage sale. When the door went up, I was floored at how much was in there. But it was all garbage.

Patrick

Some recent pick-ups. Almost everything (except 3 of the Yoda's) are the Canadian bilingual version.

1976 Mattel Sweathogs from Welcome Back Kotter - got two Moto/Bike's in the lot, one is MIB and the one pictured below is factory sealed (MISB):

DSCF3273_zps85ce5189.jpg

ESB 31 Back run - picked up the near entire run from Jim (cgcworld) and just completed it yesterday with the 31 Back Bossk:

DSCF3234_zpscd72be07.jpg

DSCF3574_zps4b2a5deb.jpg

ESB run of Yoda's - Canadian and US debut card (32 Back) and 48 Back B and C

DSCF3556_zpsc52d7edd.jpg

Canadian 20 Back C-3P0

DSCF3545_zps51bf7d19.jpg

Canadian DSD 20 Back

DSCF3539_zps2aa9cf1c.jpg

Canadian Han Solo 20 Back

DSCF2934_zpsef9514e4.jpg

Canadian Hammerhead 20 Back

DSCF3502_zps777e6748.jpg

Canadian Power Droid 20 Back

DSCF3505_zpsafef123e.jpg

Canadian Luke X-Wing 20 Back

DSCF3515_zpseb099285.jpg

Canadian Obi Wan 20 Back

DSCF3526_zps340511c3.jpg

Canadian Snaggletooth 20 Back

20_Back_Snaggletooth_zps0c395e13.jpg

Factory sealed GDE/SW Falcon

DSCF3203_zpsd98ae6a6.jpg

lol

Honestly, the Super Powers are for my youngest Son who would love a loose figure display since he seems to be more into DC characters than Marvel. If I happen to stumble onto some Canadian 8 Backs, that's a simple, not too difficult run I'd consider taking on, but not a priority.

I think a lot of the connection to toy collecting is based on memories, and Super Powers don't rekindle anything nostalgic for me because I didn't have them as a kid. That said, the coolness of them being a Kenner produced toy line isn't lost on me. (thumbs u

The coolest toy I ever scored as a kid was the Mad Mad Mad Scientist Laboratory. We were on a family trip to visit my uncle in Detroit in the summer of 1964. My eyes bugged out when I saw one displayed behind the counter at a hobby shop on the north side of Seven Mile Road just west of the Southfield Expressway:

4562075255_671eaa206b_b.jpg

4562075389_d49773d786_b.jpg

4562075583_9cfa4cffaf_b.jpg

4562075781_3a1eba48cb_b.jpg

4380924008_65d19d44e0_b.jpg

4562705686_061c70caf9_b.jpg

I guess my father thought that a chemistry set must be educational because he agreed to buy it for me. It was a fabulous set! My two best buddies were more than eager to be my demented half-brained lab assistants and enthusiastically fetched tap water for me while I mixed up the concoctions. I mean they would even squabble about whose turn it was to be my lead assistant!

I think my dad gave it away to the snot-nosed kid down the street when I was packed off to boarding school for grade nine and I'm still trying to replace it.

:(

Edited by Hepcat

th_DSC04778.jpg

Been looking for a NM Great Garloo forever.Someday. :cloud9:

He's as elusive as Greggy, but when they do pop up on e-bay in good condition they go for an arm and a leg.

Yeah no kidding,and the real trick is finding one with the original box. Impossible! :tonofbricks:

th_DSC04778.jpg

He's as elusive as Greggy, but when they do pop up on e-bay in good condition they go for an arm and a leg.

Yeah no kidding,and the real trick is finding one with the original box. Impossible! :tonofbricks:

I still remember seeing a Great Garloo for the first time at the downtown Kresge store in London in 1961 or 1962. I quickly pointed it out to my mother but the price tag in the area of $15 made it a no go. I knew it was too expensive a toy for me to get at the time so I didn't agitate for it any further.

(shrug)

th_DSC04778.jpg

Hopefully you find one under the tree this Xmas!

:)

BTW, I talked to Santa Claus at the Hudson's Bay store downtown yesterday and I asked him what happened to all the little elves in the short red skirts that he used to have with him every year:

noel5.jpg

He said Mrs. Claus' bitter recriminations put an end to the elves. Very sad.

:(

I wonder if Mrs. Claus would object to green-skirted elves though?

Sexy-font-b-Christmas-b-font-font-b-Elf-b-font-font-b-Outfit-b-font.jpg

???

Edited by Hepcat