• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

The Micronauts don't seem to popular. Hard to find even at the action figure collector show.

I loved those toys

I'm a HUGE fan of the magnet based Micronauts. Buy them when I see them. But it's not very often. Love the Interchangeables too.

Definitely a later life find for me. Feel the same about the Metal Man figures. Pictures don't do them justice. You need to hold one. For me, those are MUCH harder to run across in the wild.

Patrick

biglou_zps4db0b445.jpg

I saw one of these for 40 bucks at a flea market in the early 90s and passed on it. God was I stupid, I love that thing and now I could never afford one.

It's cool and all, but to be honest I'm not sure I could sleep with that thing looking at me all night. It looks like it wants to probe my anus whilst slumbering. At the very least a very aggressive and uncomfortable prostate exam.

biglou_zps4db0b445.jpg

I saw one of these for 40 bucks at a flea market in the early 90s and passed on it. God was I stupid, I love that thing and now I could never afford one.

It's cool and all, but to be honest I'm not sure I could sleep with that thing looking at me all night. It looks like it wants to probe my anus whilst slumbering. At the very least a very aggressive and uncomfortable prostate exam.

Maybe Big Loo was a good name choice after reading your irrational fear ;)

biglou_zps4db0b445.jpg

Maybe Big Loo was a good name choice after reading your irrational fear ;)

And, his eyes light up just to make you a little more uncomfortable...

Went to a toy show and got this killer Dukes of Hazzard watch from 1981. 

Never used.  Can see the plastic wasn't removed off the watch face. 

Not worth much, but a great piece.

Will go perfect with the carded 1981 ERTL Dukes of Hazzard car I picked up at the same show. 

Patrick

20170219_141014.jpg

20170219_143415.jpg

20170219_143427.jpg

On 2/2/2017 at 11:42 PM, catman76 said:

dragonriders-1981.jpg

I had to find a picture online because mine has long since disappeared. Was such an awesome playset.

HOLY #$@%@#!!!!  You just awoke some long lost memories..  I had that set!  Like from 1981?  82?  Something like that.  WOW!  Thanks!

Just now, batman_fan said:

Loved that as a kid, bought mine from the Dollar Barn in Versailles, IN

Neighbor had it and we played the spoon out of it

If I remember right heat and a press squeezed dinosaurs into a cube then to put em in the time capsule and watched em reconstitute

Got this for Christmas when I was maybe around 7 or 8.

I think it was the $6.95 version, so no loudspeaker and microphone… just the earphones and the basic model on the left.

My father said he'd help me put it together, but that never happened.

I finally got it together but it was so faint through the earphones that the sound was indiscernible.  However, I had omitted the step where you would extend a wire out your window to something 50 feet away to act as an antenna, and I figured that was the reason why.

There was a big tree around 25 feet from my bedroom window, so with my older brother's help and the use of a step ladder, we strung the antenna wire from my window over to the tree, about 10 feet up.

The crystal radio wasn't too much louder, but I have to admit, it did work.  Still, compared to common, portable, transistor radios of the day (early '60s), it paled in comparison.

Finally, the wire to the tree rusted somewhere, broke, and hung down from the tree where it had been attached to a nail.  The crystal radio was later thrown away and everything became long forgotten.

Then, years later, while all of us kids were watching TV in the room below my bedroom, a daytime thunderstorm came through, and the TV room suddenly went completely electric blue for an instant, followed immediately by  a crack of thunder so loud we all jumped and our dog came running through the room, tail between his legs, and hid behind a chair.

WHAT WAS THAT?!!

Lightning had hit very close by, we all knew that, but the TV still worked, so back to cartoons and whatever…

Later, when mowing the lawn, I got to mowing around that tree, and noticed a big fresh scar on it, like bark had been cracked off, the white pulp showing.

The scar went from the ground up, about 6 feet high, and abruptly stopped, and I reasoned that that was the lightning that had struck so close to our house.  It had hit that tree, that's what made it so loud that day.

But then I noticed that the antenna wire from my old crystal radio extended up beyond where the lightning scar ended.  It had acted as a conduit to make the tree more prone to getting hit by lightning.