• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I also had these. Been looking for them for over ten years with no luck.

il_570xN.827405016_quz3.jpg

I have a buddy who may have some info he's a toy expert-has pretty much every item in the old johnson smith catalog-I'll shoot him an email ps what are those things called

29 minutes ago, kav said:

I have a buddy who may have some info he's a toy expert-has pretty much every item in the old johnson smith catalog-I'll shoot him an email ps what are those things called

They were sold by Sears in the 1960/70's. They were from Japan. That's all I know.

Edited by joeypost

Just now, joeypost said:

I have no idea.

From age 1-15 we live our lives.  The rest of our lives seems to be trying to recapture those years.  Age 10 being the peak year we try to recover. lol

1 hour ago, kav said:

From age 1-15 we live our lives.  The rest of our lives seems to be trying to recapture those years.  Age 10 being the peak year we try to recover. lol

I just found (and purchased) the Triceratops off e-bay of all places.

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

:frustrated:

Those always sting-but it means theyre out there and get listed fairly often.

Any good toy purchases lately?

I picked up a boxed GI Joe Bridge Layer.  Got it for a birthday.  Glad to have it, but it's about as basic as you can get. 

Heading to Austin TX again soon.  Any good stores?  Is Outlaw any good?

Patrick

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Any good toy purchases lately?

I picked up a boxed GI Joe Bridge Layer.  Got it for a birthday.  Glad to have it, but it's about as basic as you can get. 

Heading to Austin TX again soon.  Any good stores?  Is Outlaw any good?

Patrick

That's the G.I. Joe stuff I love, from the first couple of waves when they were producing actual military vehicles. Once they started wearing neon and the vehicles got trippy, I dropped out.

Posted a picture of one of my favorite toy lines as a kid.. and now  lol  My only one as of now, and am looking to buy complete with box and accessories in excellent condition if you know or see them out for sale.  Kindly pm me. They are the Centurions..  Are they man or machine or both?  I used to have the complete set some 10+ years ago but sold them to fund for the comic hobby.  Now, I want em all back.  Hopefully one day I can have them all again.  

Jake Rockwell.jpg

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

That's the G.I. Joe stuff I love, from the first couple of waves when they were producing actual military vehicles. Once they started wearing neon and the vehicles got trippy, I dropped out.

I agree for the most part. 

I do like a couple later items like the Python Patrol and Nightforce items.  But frankly that's because they are repaints of the originals we love.

Bridge Layer was out-of-control cool when I was a kid.  Same with the Conquest.  But compared to others like Skystriker, Rattlor, Killer Whale,etc: they are pretty bad now. 

Anyway, the box is super cool.  I'll post a pic later.

Patrick

Can't believe I forgot.  Had the flu real bad a few weeks ago.

But ended up buying a flawless complete Predaking and a complete Superion from a guy.

This collector was a true nut about condition.  My kind of collector.  

I had a bunch of others that I would like to still get. 

Real stoked to get some pics of those and post. 

Patrick