• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

wow that is a bright white ASM 129

for my part I fondly remember transformers, robotech/macross, and the 2 ft tall shogun warrior toys

It's a Heritage scan I found online.

I'm not a fan of anime, but of the cartoons from that time period, I like the Voltron and Shogun Warrior toys.

Seeing those pictures of the Star Wars toys brought back an old childhood memory.

When Star Wars released the Millenium Falcon, we were likely just starting first grade. I remember talking about how cool a toy it was whenever we would hang out.

A kid a few doors over from where I lived - his name was Danny - had about every single Star Wars figure and toy. As soon as it would come out, he would have it.

When he finally got the Millenium Falcon, I remember him inviting us over to admire it. I'm certain the expressions on our faces would have made a superb Kodak moment for Kenner marketing.

Anyhow, fast forward a few months later. We were hanging out in front of Danny's house waiting for him to come out and play road hockey. Just as he was explaining he couldn't come out because he was grounded, his much older brother came storming out with his Milleniun Falcon, threatening to throw it in the middle of the road from where he was standing (he was on the second floor porch).

Danny just about had a meltdown, as his brother, who looked like he went to Keith Richards hair stylist, lifted the ship over his head and was assuming the brand of guitar showmanship that usually ends with pieces dangling loose every which way.

I recall like yesterday the look on all our faces as this was unfolding. We all were thinking the same thing - if one of us could somehow catch that Falcon, or get in the way of it hitting the ground and smashing into a million pieces, it would have a new owner.

We were all standing around below waiting for any crumb from that ship. I think I even patrolled his home after dinner that night in hopes that he might have ticked his brother off again.

That was a time I fondly remember, and the Millenium Falcon was the stuff of dreams for us kids.

GOBOTS!

GOBOTS where awesome. They where cheap and in my opinion just as good as Transformers at that timeline just not as popular.

My favourite was Psycho

http://counter-x.net/gobots/reviews/super1/psycho.html

I was pretty upset when he got stolen when I was in a group home type facility by an other kid. He is on my list of eventually buying and adding to my collection.

Seeing those pictures of the Star Wars toys brought back an old childhood memory.

When Star Wars released the Millenium Falcon, we were likely just starting first grade. I remember talking about how cool a toy it was whenever we would hang out.

A kid a few doors over from where I lived - his name was Danny - had about every single Star Wars figure and toy. As soon as it would come out, he would have it.

When he finally got the Millenium Falcon, I remember him inviting us over to admire it. I'm certain the expressions on our face would have made a superb Kodak moment for Kenner marketing.

Anyhow, fast forward a few months later. We were hanging out in front of Danny's house waiting for him to come out and play road hockey. Just as he was explaining he couldn't come out because he was grounded, his much older brother came storming out with his Milleniun Falcon, threatening to throw it in the middle of the road from where he was standing (he was on the second floor porch).

Danny just about had a meltdown, as his brother, who looked like he went to Keith Richards hair stylist, lifted the ship over his head and was assuming the brand of guitar showmanship that usually ends with pieces dangling loose every which way.

I recall like yesterday the look on all our faces as this was unfolding. We all were thinking the same thing - if one of us could somehow catch that Falcon, or get in the way of it hitting the ground and smashing into a million pieces, it would have a new owner.

We were all standing around below waiting for any crumb from that ship. I think I even patrolled his home after dinner that night in hopes that he might have ticked his brother off again.

That was a time I fondly remember, and the Millenium Falcon was the stuff of dreams for us kids.

I had older cousins and received all theirs as hand me downs, around the release of return of the jedi I was 5 or 6, and bought new ones then. These were among some of my favorite toys. Buut the Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, and Vaders craft (the break apart one) were my favorites!

I loved my die cast Voltron toy. A lot of the other toys weren't really cool looking back, but at the time I thought they were. My Pet Monster, those Silverhawk action figures in the chrome finish, my talking Alf doll, my Slimer toy that couldn't really be called an action figure because it was too big and didn't move. It was like a giant green rubber ducky. Those Ghostbusters action figures were awesome but I didn't have any. Oh yeah, the TMNT toys :banana:

I would have posted pics but my computer is at the Geek Squad :(

Oh, no contest.

Big Trak circa 1978.

big24.JPG

Thankfully Think Geek has a new albeit 1/3rd scale version available; but it's almost always out of stock.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/de2e/?pfm=Search&t=big%20trak

I had that bad boy as well.

That really brings back the memories.

Forward 10, Right 2, Forward 7. I spend hours programming that thing. lol.

I also spent many an hour with this electronic shooting gallery that shot steel ball bearings.

It had single shot as well as machine gun rapid fire modes.

Those were the days.

I had that Tin Can Alley from above as well. Great game.

IMG_0010.jpg

Edited by Arcade